Combine the freedom and flexibility of river cruising, A-ROSA style, along the tree-lined meanders of the River Seine with visits to the historic ports of Les Andelys, Caudebec-en-Caux, Rouen and Vernon, and to the glorious French capital – Paris.
New 2019 Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs various dates between April & October 2019 – £1619pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates between April & September 2019 – from £1519pp
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Cardiff, Exeter, Leeds, Gatwick, Heathrow, Luton, Manchester, Newcastle, Southampton & Southend – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Paris, Normandy and the Delights of the Seine Tour Highlights
- Call in Les Andelys, beneath ancient Chateau Gaillard
- An overnight stay in Caudebec-en-Caux
- An overnight stay and included city tour in Rouen
- A call in medieval Vernon
- An overnight stay and included guided tour in St Denis, Paris
- Embark A-ROSA VIVA in French capital Paris
- Seven nights’ Premium All-Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner on board
- A large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks all day long
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Return flights from the UK to Paris
- Included coach transfers from the airport to the ship
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Fly to Paris then join your included coach transfer to St Denis, in the north of the city, where A-ROSA VIVA waits, ready to get underway as evening falls.
After a morning cruising along the Seine you’ll arrive in the tiny town of Les Andelys. It’s a winding walk up to the hill-top remains of Chateau Gaillard, built by Richard the Lionheart as part of his attempts to secure control of Normandy in 1196, which tower above the town, the river and the surrounding countryside, but the views are worth the effort.
This morning you’ll wake to find your river cruiser docked in Caudebec-en-Caux and the elegant, modern curve of the Pont de Brottonne dominating the view. Why not visit Caudebec’s ornate Gothic church or join an excursion to the Honfleur at the mouth of the Seine?
A-ROSA VIVA will spend the night in Caudebec, giving you the freedom to spend a leisurely evening exploring and perhaps enjoying a glass ashore with the locals before returning to the ship.
Days Four and Five
Early this morning, A-ROSA VIVA will leave Caudebec and head back upriver to Rouen. Take a guided tour around the stunning medieval centre of the city, and discover the Place du Vieux-Marche, where Joan of Arc was burnt to death, the ornate one-handed clock-face of the Gros Horloge and the city’s stunning Gothic cathedral. A-ROSA VIVA will spend the night and most of the following day here, leaving you plenty of time to explore the city’s sights, cafes and bars by night and to see the sun rise above its magnificent skyline.
After another night cruising upstream, A-ROSA VIVA arrives in Vernon. Spend the morning strolling streets lined with medieval half-timbered buildings, cafes and colourful shops or take a trip to Monet’s gorgeous gardens at Giverny, which lie just a mile or so away on the opposite bank.
After lunch, A-ROSA VIVA will leave Vernon behind to begin the final leg of your cruise back to Paris.
The French capital is a city of romance, sights and hidden secrets. From the art of the Louvre to the history of Versailles, and from the shopping of the Galeries Lafayette to the sophistication of the Cafe de Flore, ‘la vie Parisienne’ gives every aspect of the city a unique and elegant air.
If this is your first time in the city (and even if it’s not) make the most of our included tour of the city’s world-famous sights, then explore under your own steam. The fascinating, cafe-lined streets of the Latin Quarter are the perfect place to enjoy a meal or relax with a drink as you watch the world go by.
Say goodbye to all your newfound friends on board as you join your included coach transfer and head back to the to check in for your flight home.
All Inclusive River Cruise – Paris, Normandy and the Delights of the Seine
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Luton
- 27th April 2019
- 25th May 2019
- 29th June 2019
- 20th July 2019
- 17th August 2019
- 14th September 2019
- 19th October 2019