Combine lazy days floating along the tree-lined meanders of the River Seine with visits to the historic ports of Les Andelys, Caudebec-en-Caux, Rouen and Vernon, and to the glorious French capital – Paris.
As your A-ROSA river cruise vessel carries you gently downriver from St Denis on the outskirts of Paris and back again, you’ll have time to unwind and enjoy all the benefits of your Premium, All-Inclusive package. And, whether that means cocktails and conversation at the bar, a leisurely meal from the on-board gourmet buffet or treating yourself to a little extra luxury and a pre-booked private meal in the elegant dining room, you can be sure that your time on board will be yours to fill as you please.
The choice and freedom to explore at your leisure continues on shore at each new port of call. Join an optional excursion from Caudebec-en-Caux to artists’ retreat Honfleur, uncover the true story of Joan of Arc on a guided tour of Rouen or venture further afield on an organised bike ride, before rounding off your week with a full day and evening discovering the famous landmarks, fascinating museums, pavement cafes, jazz clubs, restaurants, celebrated cabarets and spectacular illuminated architecture of Paris, the ‘City of Light’.
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs various dates between November & December 2019 – from £1639pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates between November & December 2019 – from £1539pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Aberdeen & Edinburgh only
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Exeter, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, Manchester, Newcastle – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Paris, Normandy and the Delights of the Seine Tour Highlights
- Call in Les Andelys, beneath ancient Chateau Gaillard
- An overnight stay in Caudebec-en-Caux
- An overnight stay and included city tour in Rouen
- A call in medieval Vernon
- An overnight stay and included guided tour in St Denis, Paris
- Embark A-ROSA VIVA in French capital Paris
- Seven nights’ Premium All-Inclusive cruise accommodation
- Buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner on board
- A large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks all day long
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Return flights from the UK to Paris
- Included coach transfers from the airport to the ship
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Fly to Paris then join your included coach transfer to St Denis, in the north of the city, where A-ROSA VIVA waits, ready to get underway as evening falls.
After a morning cruising along the Seine you’ll arrive in the tiny town of Les Andelys. It’s a winding walk up to the hill-top remains of Chateau Gaillard, built by Richard the Lionheart as part of his attempts to secure control of Normandy in 1196, which tower above the town, the river and the surrounding countryside, but the views are worth the effort.
This morning you’ll wake to find your river cruiser docked in Caudebec-en-Caux and the elegant, modern curve of the Pont de Brottonne dominating the view. Why not visit Caudebec’s ornate Gothic church or join an excursion to the Honfleur at the mouth of the Seine?
A-ROSA VIVA will spend the night in Caudebec, giving you the freedom to spend a leisurely evening exploring and perhaps enjoying a glass ashore with the locals before returning to the ship.
Days Four and Five
Early this morning, A-ROSA VIVA will leave Caudebec and head back upriver to Rouen. Take a guided tour around the stunning medieval centre of the city, and discover the Place du Vieux-Marche, where Joan of Arc was burnt to death, the ornate one-handed clock-face of the Gros Horloge and the city’s stunning Gothic cathedral. A-ROSA VIVA will spend the night and most of the following day here, leaving you plenty of time to explore the city’s sights, cafes and bars by night and to see the sun rise above its magnificent skyline.
After another night cruising upstream, A-ROSA VIVA arrives in Vernon. Spend the morning strolling streets lined with medieval half-timbered buildings, cafes and colourful shops or take a trip to Monet’s gorgeous gardens at Giverny, which lie just a mile or so away on the opposite bank.
After lunch, A-ROSA VIVA will leave Vernon behind to begin the final leg of your cruise back to Paris.
The French capital is a city of romance, sights and hidden secrets. From the art of the Louvre to the history of Versailles, and from the shopping of the Galeries Lafayette to the sophistication of the Cafe de Flore, ‘la vie Parisienne’ gives every aspect of the city a unique and elegant air.
If this is your first time in the city (and even if it’s not) make the most of our included tour of the city’s world-famous sights, then explore under your own steam. The fascinating, cafe-lined streets of the Latin Quarter are the perfect place to enjoy a meal or relax with a drink as you watch the world go by.
Say goodbye to all your newfound friends on board as you join your included coach transfer and head back to the to check in for your flight home.
All Inclusive River Cruise – Paris, Normandy and the Delights of the Seine
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Luton
- 27th April 2019
- 25th May 2019
- 29th June 2019
- 20th July 2019
- 17th August 2019
- 14th September 2019
- 19th October 2019