Experience an unforgettable day in perhaps the world’s most famous flower garden – magnificent Keukenhof. This wonderful springtime break also includes the chance to spend time in the delightful Dutch capital Amsterdam, with its canals and cobblestones, its museums, bars and cafes. You’ll also enjoy visits to the charming villages of the reclaimed Zuider Zee and medieval gem Utrecht. This is the perfect break to introduce yourself to a wonderful country that’s right on our doorstep.
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – Various dates April 2020 & April 2021 – from £655pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – Various dates April 2020 & April 2021 – from £639pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – Various dates April 2020 & April 2021 – from £659pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying direct from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in the UK – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich & Southampton – click here for more information on dates and prices.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields Tour Highlights
- Explore colourful Amsterdam on a canal cruise
- Spend a day at KeukenhAmsterdof, perhaps the world’s most famous flower garden
- Discover the Zuider Zee fishing villages of Volendam and Zaanse Schans
- Taste original Edam cheese
- Enjoy an early evening visit to Amsterdam
- Visit medieval gem Utrecht, with its Gothic cathedral
- Three nights’ carefully chosen bed and breakfast accommodation at the three-star Ibis Hotel, Tilburg
- Three-course dinner on day two
- Return flights to Amsterdam
- Coach travel and transfers throughout
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Fly to Amsterdam, meet your tour manager and transfer into the heart of the colourful Dutch capital. Spend the afternoon in this exciting city of canals and cobblestones, ‘brown’ bars, cafes and world-class museums. Enjoy an included canal cruise, before taking the opportunity to grab a bite to eat in one of a host of cafes and restaurants. Re-board the coach and make the journey south to your hotel base for the next three nights.
A wonderful day awaits you, as after breakfast at the hotel, you board the coach to make the scenic journey to world-renowned Keukenhof, where some seven million flowers carpet the ground in a breath-taking horticultural display. Wander the pathways that meander through this floral paradise, perhaps stopping in one of the gardens’ several restaurants and cafes for lunch, or even taking an optional canal boat ride through the stunning gardens. Return to the hotel in time to enjoy dinner this evening.
The delightful villages of the windmill dotted landscape and the reclaimed Zuider Zee form the background to this morning’s touring. Admire the pretty streets of historic fishing village Volendam – once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir – and catch a glimpse of Dutch life through the ages in the preserved traditional houses. You’ll also enjoy behind the scenes visits unveiling two of Holland’s traditional crafts, as you observe a wooden shoemaking demonstration at Zaanse Schans, and visit the famous cheese-producing town of Edam.
This afternoon you’ll return once again to Amsterdam to enjoy another chance to explore the Dutch capital. Perhaps you’ll take in a famous museum – the Van Gogh collection or the vast Rijksmuseum housing the works by the old masters, including Rembrandt’s astonishing The Night Watch – or wander through the colourful stalls of the flower market. Take the chance to visit the poignant Anne Frank house or simply enjoy the stores of one of Europe’s most vibrant shopping centres – the choices, and the pleasures, are all yours. Return to the hotel for a last overnight stay.
Bid farewell to your hotel, returning to the airport and board your flight home via Utrecht, one of Holland’s medieval cities famed for its Gothic cathedral. Enjoy far-reaching views from Holland’s highest tower, the Dom Tower. A last chance, perhaps to enjoy a coffee, beer or light lunch, in one of the countless hostelries that line Utrecht’s canals and cobbled streets, will be the final highlight of this delightful Dutch break.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields
- Other UK Airports are also available
- 3rd April 2020
- 6th April 2020
- 13th April 2020
- 24th April 2020
- 27th April 2020
- 6th April 2021
- 9th April 2021
- 13th April 2021
- 16th April 2021
- 19th April 2021
- 26th April 2021