Enjoy the best of Holland’s springtime colours and scents on this tremendous value break.
Spend an unforgettable day in the world’s largest and perhaps most famous flower garden – magnificent Keukenhof. This wonderful springtime break also includes the chance to spend time in the delightful Dutch capital Amsterdam, exploring its canals and cobblestones, its museums, bars and cafes. You’ll also enjoy visits to the charming villages of the reclaimed Zuider Zee and to medieval gem Utrecht. It’s the perfect way to get to know a wonderful country that’s right on our doorstep.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields Available Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – Various dates until May 2022 – from £699pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – Various dates April 2021 – from £685pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – Various dates April 2021 – from £685pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying direct from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in the UK – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich & Southampton – click here for more information on dates and prices.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields Tour Highlights
- Spend a day at Keukenhof flower garden
- Explore Amsterdam on a canal cruise
- Discover the Zuider Zee fishing villages of Volendam and Zaanse Schans
- Taste original Edam cheese
- Enjoy an early evening visit to Amsterdam
- Visit medieval gem Utrecht, with its Gothic cathedral
- Three nights’ carefully chosen bed and breakfast accommodation at a three-star hotel
- A three-course dinner on Day Two
- Return flights to Amsterdam
- Coach travel and transfers throughout
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields Itinerary
Day One – Fly to Holland
Fly to Amsterdam, meet your Tour Manager and transfer into the heart of the colourful Dutch capital. Spend the afternoon in this exciting city of canals and cobblestones, bars, coffee shops, cafes and world-class museums.
Enjoy an included canal cruise – arguably the best way to see the sights of the city – and take the opportunity to grab a bite to eat in one of Amsterdam’s many cafes and restaurants, before returning to the coach as we begin the journey south to your hotel for the next three nights, in Tilburg.
Day Two – Explore the gardens at Keukenhof
A wonderful day awaits you today. After breakfast at your hotel, you’ll board the coach to begin the scenic journey to the gardens at Keukenhof. Here some seven million flowers carpet the ground in a breath-taking horticultural display that attracts visitors from around the world each year. Wander the pathways that meander through this floral paradise, perhaps stopping in one of the gardens’ restaurants and cafes for lunch. You can even take an optional canal boat ride (payable locally) along the waterways that thread their way through the stunning gardens before returning to your hotel for dinner this evening.
Day Three – Visit the villages of the Zuider Zee
The delightful villages of Holland’s windmill-dotted landscape and the reclaimed Zuider Zee form the background to this morning’s touring. Stroll the pretty streets of the historic fishing village of Volendam – once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir – and catch a glimpse of Dutch life through the ages in its preserved traditional houses. You’ll also enjoy behind the scenes insights into two of Holland’s most traditional crafts as we head to Zaandam and its famous windmills to watch a wooden shoemaking demonstration at Zaanse Schans in Zaandam, and visit the famous cheese-producing town of Edam.
Late this afternoon you’ll return to Amsterdam for another chance to explore the fascinating Dutch capital. Why not visit one of the city’s museums and galleries? The Van Gogh Museum and the vast Rijksmuseum, which houses the works of Old Masters, including Rembrandt’s astonishing The Night Watch, are well worth a visit. Alternatively, wander around the colourful stalls of the flower market, head to the Anne Frank House or simply spend your last evening enjoying dinner in one of the many inviting restaurants this wonderful city has to offer. We’ll return to the hotel late in the evening.
Day Four – A final morning in Medieval Utrecht
Today you’ll bid farewell to your hotel, and return to the airport via Utrecht, one of Holland’s most lovely medieval cities and famed for its Gothic cathedral. Enjoy far-reaching views from Holland’s highest tower, the Dom Tower, and perhaps stop for a coffee, beer or light lunch (the local smoked eel and herring are worth trying) in one of the many cafes, restaurants and bars that line Utrecht’s canals and cobbled streets – a final highlight of your delightful Dutch break.
Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields
- Other UK Airports are also available
- 25th March 2022
- 28th March 2022
- 31st March 2022
- 3rd April 2022
- 6th April 2022
- 9th April 2022
- 12th April 2022
- 15th April 2022
- 18th April 2022
- 27th April 2022
- 30th April 2022
- 3rd May 2022