Enjoy an unforgettable day at the vibrant Floriade 2022 Horticultural Expo on this wonderful break that also includes the chance to spend time in the delightful Dutch capital Amsterdam, with its canals and cobblestones, its museums, bars and cafés, and visits to the delightful villages of the reclaimed Zuider Zee and medieval gem Utrecht. This is the perfect break to introduce yourself to a delightful country that’s right on our doorstep.
Floriade 2022 Available Departures
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – from £765pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – from £749pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – from £749pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying direct from Aberdeen, Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in the UK – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Southend, London Stansted, Manchester, Newcastle, Norwich & Teesside International – click here for more information on dates and prices.
Floriade 2022 Tour Highlights
- Spend an unforgettable day at the Floriade Horticultural Expo 2022
- Experience colourful Amsterdam on a canal cruise
- Explore the Zuiderzee fishing villages of Volendam and Zaase Schans
- Taste original Edam cheese
- Enjoy an early evening visit to Amsterdam
- Visit medieval gem Utrecht, with its Gothic cathedral
- Three nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at the three-star Ibis Hotel, Tilburg or four-star Mercure Hotel Tilburg Centrum
- Return flights to Amsterdam
- Coach travel and transfers throughout
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Offer is subject to availability.
Floriade 2022 Itinerary
Day One – Arrival
Fly to Amsterdam, meet your tour manager and transfer into the heart of the colourful Dutch capital. Spend the afternoon in the exciting city of canals and cobblestones, ‘brown’ bars, cafés and world-class museums, enjoying the included canal cruise – perhaps the best way to see the sights of the city – before taking the opportunity to grab a bite to eat in one of a host of cafés and restaurants, prior to re-boarding the coach and making the journey south to your hotel base for the next three nights.
Day Two – Floriade Horticultural Expo 22
A wonderful day awaits as you make the journey to nearby Almere, venue of the Floriade International Horticultural Expo 2022. This event takes place once every ten years, each time in a different location, so today will be a very special day indeed. Step into a sea of scents and colours, as you enjoy the greenest day out and explore 40 inspirational country displays, a spectacular greenhouse complex, take a stunning included cable car over the Expo, and discover pavilions showcasing the latest sustainable innovations and a vibrant arts and culture programme. After a wonderful day out, journey back to your hotel for an included dinner this evening.
Day Three – Zuiderzee and Amsterdam
The delightful villages of the windmill dotted landscape and the reclaimed Zuiderzee form the background to this morning’s touring. Wander the pretty streets of historic fishing village Volendam – once trodden by the likes of Picasso and Renoir – and catch a glimpse of Dutch life through the ages in the preserved traditional houses. You’ll also enjoy behind-the-scenes visits unveiling two of Holland’s traditional crafts, as you visit a wooden shoe-making demonstration at Zaanse Schans, beneath its famous windmills, and the famous cheese-producing town of Edam, where one of the most famous of all Dutch exports is produced.
This afternoon you’ll return once again to Amsterdam, to enjoy another chance to discover and explore the Dutch capital. Perhaps you’ll take in a famous museum – the Van Gogh collection or the vast Rijksmuseum housing the works of old masters, including Rembrandt’s astonishing The Night Watch – or wander through the colourful stalls of the flower market. Perhaps visit the poignant Anne Frank house or simply enjoy the stores of one of Europe’s most vibrant shopping centres – the choices, and the pleasures, are all yours. Return to the hotel for the final night of your tour.
Day Four – Utrecht and departure
Bid farewell to the hotel, returning to the airport and the flight home via Utrecht, one of Holland’s medieval cities famed for its Gothic cathedral and Dom Tower – Holland’s highest – from which there are far-reaching views to be enjoyed. A last chance, perhaps to enjoy a coffee, beer or light lunch, perhaps of smoked eel or delicious herring, in one of the countless hostelries that line Utrecht’s canals and cobbled streets, will be the final highlight of this delightful Dutch break.
Amsterdam and the Floriade 2022 Horticultural Expo
- Other UK airports also available
- 26th April 2022
- 11th May 2022
- 18th May 2022
- 1st June 2022
- 15th June 2022
- 28th June 2022
- 6th July 2022
- 13th July 2022
- 3rd August 2022
- 10th August 2022
- 31st August 2022
- 7th September 2022
- 14th September 2022