Australia is big… really big! This vast island continent could swallow up Europe whole, with room to spare. For some 50,000 years, a tiny Aboriginal population lived here in harmony with the untamed primal wilderness, undisturbed by the outside world until European colonisers arrived, spearheaded by Lieutenant James Cook in 1770. Since then Australia has flourished, and now makes her presence felt around the world, thanks in large part to the boundless enthusiasm and resourcefulness of her people, the outgoing, energetic descendants of convicts, gold miners, explorers, traders and adventurous settlers down the centuries.
You’ll travel in style on trains, boats and planes (and luxury coach) on your escorted Australian adventure, where diversity is the watchword at every turn, serving up sights, sounds and exotic experiences to delight all your senses. Our itinerary reads like a roll-call of world-renowned tourist icons, from sunset-reddened Ayers Rock to Sydney Harbour Bridge, ‘the Coathanger’, silhouetted against the evening sky; the wine-rich Barossa Valley; eucalyptus forests of the Blue Mountains; and the 1,400-mile-long underwater paradise teeming with life that is the Great Barrier Reef, the largest living structure on the planet. Australia’s land-based fauna is extraordinary too; kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, kookaburras and emus are strangely familiar from a thousand wildlife documentaries, but never less than astonishing when you finally meet them in the flesh in their natural habitat.
- Return flights from London to Australia
- Stay in hand-picked three-star to five-star hotels, with daily breakfast and three meals
- Stay in Melbourne, Adelaide, Alice Springs, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Cairns and Sydney
- Visit timeless Uluru (Ayers Rock) at both sunrise and sunset, and experience a guided walk at its base
- Journey along the full route of the Great Ocean Road, enjoying spectacular coastal scenery and the Twelve Apostles
- Full-day catamaran cruise to the Great Barrier Reef
- Enjoy a guided walk of Sydney ending in Bondi Beach and a guided tour of the famous Sydney Harbour
- Explore Alice Springs, enjoy an amazing Outback dinner under the stars and take a walk in the MacDonnell Ranges
- Enjoy a dinner on the iconic Colonial Tramcar in Melbourne and a ride on the Puffing Billy steam train
- Experience the Barossa Valley, including a winery tour and tasting
- Visit the School of the Air and the Royal Flying Doctor Service Museum
- See the incredible domes of the Olgas
- Discover the amazing rainforest around Cairns on the Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Experience the breathtaking landscapes and Eucalypt forests of the Blue Mountains
- The services of our experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.