A tour experiencing some of the world’s most breath-taking scenery including the Tyrol, Innsbruck, Austria, Bavaria, the Brenner Pass, ancient Roman roads, the Zugspitze and the staggering remains of a Stone Age man.
Stunning pink and grey snow-capped mountain peaks; sparklingly clear and torrentially flowing streams; verdant meadows; swathes of densely forested hillsides; shimmering lakes; wooden chalets bedecked with bright flowerboxes; iconic onion shaped church spires. Coupled with a tradition of genuine hospitality, tasty cuisine, excellent local wine, schnapps and great beer, plus an intriguing history stretching back to pre-historic times – all the unmistakable hallmarks of the astonishingly beautiful Tyrol.
We stay in the utterly charming alpine village of Seefeld, a perfect spot from which to explore the many and varied highlights of this mountainous province, bisected by the twisting river Inn.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers
- Seven nights in 4-star superior accommodation with half-board
- Stay in picturesque Seefeld in the heart of the astonishing Austrian Tyrol
- Experience some of the world’s most breath-taking alpine scenery
- Sightseeing tour of Innsbruck – Royal City of the Habsburgs
- Experience the Achensee Cog Railway using original 19th century steam locomotives
- Visit the wonderfully preserved Cistercian Monastery at Stams with its amazingly intricate baroque and gold leaf decoration
- Tour the Italian Tyrol visiting the stunning town of Bolzano and the spa town of Merano
- Visit the former silver mining village of Rattenberg, full of beautiful 15th century buildings
- Tour the iconic Neuschwanstein Castle – seat of the Bavarian Kings
- See the immense Oetz valley glaciers
- Option to join a complimentary guided walk
- Services of an expert tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.