A tour experiencing some of the world’s most breath-taking scenery including the Tyrol, Innsbruck, Austria, Bavaria, the Brenner Pass, ancient Roman roads, the Zugspitze and the staggering remains of a Stone Age man.
Stunning pink and grey snow-capped mountain peaks; sparklingly clear and torrentially flowing streams; verdant meadows; swathes of densely forested hillsides; shimmering lakes; wooden chalets bedecked with bright flowerboxes; iconic onion shaped church spires. Coupled with a tradition of genuine hospitality, tasty cuisine, excellent local wine, schnapps and great beer, plus an intriguing history stretching back to pre-historic times – all the unmistakable hallmarks of the astonishingly beautiful Tyrol. We stay in the utterly charming alpine village of Seefeld, a perfect spot from which to explore the many and varied highlights of this mountainous province, bisected by the twisting river Inn.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers
- Seven nights in 4-star superior accommodation with half-board
- Stay in picturesque Seefeld in the heart of the astonishing Austrian Tyrol
- Experience some of the world’s most breath-taking alpine scenery
- Sightseeing tour of Innsbruck – Royal City of the Habsburgs
- Experience the Achensee Cog Railway using original 19th century steam locomotives
- Visit the wonderfully preserved Cistercian Monastery at Stams with its amazingly intricate baroque and gold leaf decoration
- Tour the Italian Tyrol visiting the stunning town of Bolzano and the spa town of Merano
- Visit the former silver mining village of Rattenberg, full of beautiful 15th century buildings
- Tour the iconic Neuschwanstein Castle – seat of the Bavarian Kings
- See the immense Oetz valley glaciers
- Option to join a complimentary guided walk
- Services of an expert tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh– departs June and September 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.