With Boudicca as your guide to exploring the many sides of India, you’ll take in an array of stunning destinations, inspirational sights and authentic experiences showcasing the remarkable diversity of one of the world’s most engrossing countries on this 14-night cruise.
Stop overnight at Kochi for a chance to see the famous Chinese cantilever fishing nets or even take an overland tour to the iconic Taj Mahal; and spend two days docked at Mormugão, gateway to Old Goa and the UNESCO-listed Latin Quarter, highlighting India’s European-inspired heritage.
Magnificent Mumbai’s mix of traditional and modern highlights, including the UNESCO-listed Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Railway Station and Dhobi Ghat, await you, while a visit to Porbandar – birthplace of Gandhi – offers a fascinating insight into India’s spiritual importance.
- 14 nights’ on board MS Boudicca sailing from Sri Lanka to Dubai
- Comfortable, stylish rooms and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Flights and connecting transfers to/from your ship, as arranged and confirmed as part of a fly-cruise holiday
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Authentic India Fly Cruise Itinerary
Thursday 06 Feb: Depart from your chosen airport to Columbo, Sri Lanka
Friday 07 Feb: Columbo, Sri Lanka
The port city of Colombo is rich with colonial heritage, religions, races and cultures. With a population of over 4.5 million people, Colombo is a bustling, fascinating and noisy city.
The narrow cobbled streets of Pettah, the main bazaar district, are full of shops and street markets selling an amazing array of goods at bargain prices. There are plenty of places to eat, from small shops selling pancakes to coffee shops and upmarket restaurants.
A more rustic, slow-paced Sri Lankan experience can be found in nearby Negombo, with its quaint village streets and lively fish market. Alternatively, sun seekers can venture to the private beach of Mt. Lavinia, located on the breath-taking Golden Mile beachfront.
Monday 10 & Tuesday 11 Feb: Kochi, India
Known as the Queen of the Arabian Sea, serene Kochi on India’s south-western coast has been drawing traders, explorers and travellers to its shores for over 600 years.
Thursday 13 & Friday 14 Feb: Goa, India
Mormugão is the main port of the tiny State of Goa, renowned for superb beaches and a colonial history that combines the best of Indian and Portuguese culture.
Saturday 15 & Sunday 16 Feb: Mumbai, India
Once a cluster of seven islands covered with coconut palms, Mumbai, formerly Bombay, is a sprawling, vibrant city on India’s west coast. It is a busy, densely-populated city, home to India’s most prolific film industry, Bollywood, and the largest tropical forest in an urban zone.
Monday 17 February: Porbandar, India
Porbandar, a coastal city in the Indian state of Gujarat, is the birthplace of the ‘Father of India’ and the loyal friend and devotee of Lord Krishna, Sudama. As a result, Porbandar is of great religious and spiritual importance, and a place of pilgrimage for Hindus across the world.
Thursday 20 February: Dubai, United Arab Emirate, Early AM
Fly home from Dubai to your chosen airport.