To provide a rich insight into the Baltics’ diverse culture and unique history, including the ‘Iron Curtain’ era, this St Petersburg cruise from Rosyth itinerary features visits to some of the most important countries, cities and sites in the region.
The centrepiece of this cruise, focusing on the fascinating past and present of Russia and former Soviet states is an overnight stay in St Petersburg. After sailing in via the River Neva, viewing archetypal golden domes en route, take time to see iconic sites such as Peterhof Palace, the Church of Our Saviour on the Spilled Blood and much more, plus enjoy an evening at the Russian ballet, with a chance to meet the soloist after their performance.
For an alternative Russian experience, away from grandiose palaces and museums, there’s a rare visit to Baltiysk to see the imposing, typically Soviet-era monuments, gates and landmarks of Kaliningrad.
There are highlights throughout this journey though; away from Russia’s shores, you’ll also get discover the historical and cultural treasures of destinations in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Explore Tallinn – the picturesque Estonian capital – to discover its former Soviet prison and UNESCO-listed Old Town, where medieval castles, cathedrals and churches await.
You visit the Latvian capital too, with time to visit the Museum of Occupations, see ‘Stalin’s birthday cake’ and the aviation museum in Riga, while important Soviet landmarks – including Plokštinė missile base – await in Klaipėda, Lithuania’s third-largest city. Speaking of Soviet sites, there are plenty to discover on the remote Estonian island of Saaremaa, which is also home to centuries-old monuments and landmarks such as the 14th century-built Kuressaare Castle.
- Visit the Palaces & ballet in St. Petersburg
- Explore the medieval old town in Tallinn
- Discover soviet landmarks in Kaliningrad
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
St Petersburg Cruise from Rosyth Itinerary
Day One: Departs Rosyth (Edinburgh), Scotland
Day Two: Cruising
Day Three: Cruising
Day Four: Baltiysk, Poland
Day Five: Saaremaa, Estonia
Day Six: Tallinn, Estonia
Day Seven: St. Petersburg, Russia
Day Eight: St. Petersburg, Russia
Day Nine: Cruising
Day Ten: Riga, Latvia
Day Eleven: Klaipeda, Lithuania
Day Twelve: Cruising
Day Thirteen: Cruising
Day Fourteen: Arrive back at Rosyth (Edinburgh), Scotland