Calling all Beatles fans! John, Paul, George and Ringo are undoubtedly Liverpool’s most famous sons. Discover the story of how four young Liverpool lads were thrust to the dizzying heights of fame at The Beatles Story Museum then venture through the bright red gates of Strawberry Field – the famous grounds where a young John Lennon came to reflect.
Fans of The Beatles won’t want to miss this thrilling tour – you might fancy treating yourself to an evening at The Cavern – the famous night club where the legend began.
Aside from The Beatles, cosmopolitan Liverpool is home to a vast range of attractions and this “must do” tour presents the perfect opportunity to experience the very best of this iconic city. For a change of pace and scenery, a day at the seaside in scenic Southport is just the ticket.
What You’ll Love
- Return coach travel from Inverurie, Aberdeen, Stonehaven, Forfar, Dundee, Perth or Edinburgh
- Transport yourself back to the 1960s while enjoying The Beatles Story living history museum
- Learn the story of John Lennon’s childhood through multimedia and memorabilia at Strawberry Field
- Free time in Liverpool
- A day in coastal Southport
- 4 nights’ hotel accommodation staying at the Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower with dinner, bed and breakfast
- Coach travel throughout
- Services of an experienced tour driver
Offer subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
The Beatles Story & Strawberry Field
Look forward to being transported back to the early 1960s at The Beatles Story – a living history museum where the legend of the most famous band in the world unfolds through authentic memorabilia, exclusive photographs and replicas of places that helped shape their success. Later we move on to Strawberry Field, an interactive experience that tells the tale of the Victorian children’s home, John Lennon’s childhood, the Salvation Army and the writing of the famous song Strawberry Fields Forever through multimedia and memorabilia.
A day in coastal Southport where you might like to explore the landmark pier, stroll around the marine lake, relax on the sandy beach, browse the shops in refined Lord Street, visit the botanic gardens or wander along the promenade.