Visit the beautiful Berlin Christmas Markets dotted around the vibrant German capital. Here some 50 Christmas markets offer traditional festive wares, seasonal delicacies and unusual Christmas goods, and in some cases boast attractions from fairground rides to ice-rinks and even a ski-slope.
Berlin Christmas Markets Available Departures
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs 28 November 2019, 5 & 12 December 2019 – from £519pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – departs 28 November 2019, 5 & 12 December 2019 – from £700pp
- Information on this page is for the departure from Edinburgh and Glasgow only
- Departures also available from other UK airports – Belfast International, Birmingham, Bristol, Liverpool John Lennon, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted & Manchester – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Berlin Christmas Markets Tour Highlights
- A guided city tour
- Free time to explore Berlin and its Christmas markets
- Three nights’ bed and continental breakfast accommodation
- Return flights from your local airport to Berlin
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- One piece of hold luggage per couple
- The services of a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Berlin Christmas Markets Itinerary
Day One – Fly to Berlin
Fly to Berlin and transfer to your hotel. Berlin’s legendarily efficient U-Bahn (underground), trams and buses bring everything within easy reach – from the glitz of Kurfuerstendamm (or simply Ku’damm) to the bright lights of Potsdamer Platz and the bars and restaurants dotted around the city centre.
Day Two – Included bus tour of Berlin
A local guide will introduce Berlin’s main sights on this morning’s bus tour – see Norman Foster’s startling Reichstag building, which rises up close to the majestic Brandenburg Gate and the wooded acres of the Tiergarten.
For the rest of the day you’re free to savour the aromas of gluhwein, almonds and sweet Christmas biscuits as you wander Berlin’s wonderful Christmas markets – from the Tyrolean wonderland of the ‘Winterwelt’ on Potsdamer Platz to the traditional stalls nestled in the shadow of the ruined towers of Kaiser Wilhelm-Gedachniskirche.
Day Three – Optional excursion to Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp
Spend another day exploring Berlin and some of its other colourful Christmas markets, today. Alternatively, join our optional excursion to the sobering memorial and museum at Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp; you will be guided through the camp history in the company of an expert local guide.
This evening, enjoy another chance to join the Berliners ‘on the town’, or to continue exploring the markets, which stay open well into the evening.
Day Four – Fly back to the UK
Transfer back to the airport for your flight home, taking with you wonderful memories of this special festive break.