On this intriguingly varied tour, we experience two of Europe’s greatest cultural cities, Berlin and Dresden. Both have endured violent interludes in otherwise glittering histories and have now returned to their former glory at the heart of 21st- century Europe.
The outpouring of joy and energy that accompanied the fall of the Berlin Wall nearly 30 years ago rekindled Berlin’s legendary vibrancy, and this modern city throbs with new life while doffing its cap respectfully to the past. Iconic locations abound – from Checkpoint Charlie with its spy stories, to the magnificent avenue of Unter den Linden with its many cafés and museums. Here we also see the Brandenburg Gate and the instantly recognisable Reichstag, symbol of the new Germany.
- Tour of Berlin, home to Norman Foster’s Reichstag, ‘Check Point Charlie’, the DDR (former East Germany) Museum, and some of the world’s finest archaeological and fine art museums
- Walking tour of Dresden, ‘Florence of the Elbe’, home to one of the world’s greatest art collections, formerly the capital of the Kings of Saxony
- Visit Meissen and take a guided tour of the world-famous porcelain studio
- Guided tour of Colditz Castle of Second World War prisoner of war fame – with entrance fees included
- Four nights in conveniently located accommodation rated four-star superior, including all local taxes, with breakfast
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
Subject to availabily. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price is based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs until October 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.