First we explore the tiny villages of ‘old’ Holland from where ships of the 16th century Dutch East India Company set sail in search of silks and spices.
Then it’s off to Arnhem scene of the famous battle in 1944 before visiting Antwerp, the city of Diamonds and Rubens with its main square lined by the tall step-gabled, merchant’s houses so typical of the ‘low’ countries.
Then we explore the very best of Flanders in delightfully medieval Ghent. From here we see Ypres and one of Europe’s finest ‘old world’ cities, delightful Bruges. Listen to the sound of the carillion emanating wonderfully from the instantly recognisable Bell Tower, sip a coffee in the old market square and reflect on how wonderful life can be.
Finally we discover one of nature’s most spectacular of floral displays, the kaleidoscope of colour that is the Dutch Bulbfields.
- Change your booking free up to 45 days before travel
- Covid Cancellation protection included as standard
- Happy by day two or we’ll bring you home with a full refund
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- Return scheduled flights from 15 regional airports or seats on Eurostar from London St Pancras International
- Eight visits and tours including visits to Hoorn, Arnhem and Keukenhof Gardens, a canal cruise in Amsterdam and guided tours of Antwerp, Ghent, Ypres and Bruges
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Packed lunch provided during the full day in Bruges
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
Bruges, Medieval Flanders, Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields River Cruise
- Other UK airports available
- 13th April 2021
- 21st April 2021
- 27th April 2021
- 28th April 2021
- 13th April 2022
- 18th April 2022
- 20th April 2022
- 25th April 2022