First we explore the tiny villages of ‘old’ Holland from where ships of the 16th century Dutch East India Company set sail in search of silks and spices.
Then it’s off to Arnhem scene of the famous battle in 1944 before visiting Antwerp, the city of Diamonds and Rubens with its main square lined by the tall step-gabled, merchant’s houses so typical of the ‘low’ countries.
Then we explore the very best of Flanders in delightfully medieval Ghent. From here we see Ypres and one of Europe’s finest ‘old world’ cities, delightful Bruges. Listen to the sound of the carillion emanating wonderfully from the instantly recognisable Bell Tower, sip a coffee in the old market square and reflect on how wonderful life can be.
Finally we discover one of nature’s most spectacular of floral displays, the kaleidoscope of colour that is the Dutch Bulbfields.
- Eight visits and tours including visits to Hoorn, Arnhem and Keukenhof Gardens, a canal cruise in Amsterdam and guided tours of Antwerp, Ghent, Ypres and Bruges
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi (connection speeds may vary)
- Return scheduled flights from 15 regional airports or seats on Eurostar from London St Pancras International (a supplement may apply)
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and concierge
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
- No surcharges guaranteed
- ABTA, ATOL and IATA protection
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs various in April 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.