As you sail through picturesque waterways on this Bruges cruise you’ll discover the artisan traditions of what was once the world’s greatest naval power, the remarkable art of the Flemish masters and the old Zuiderzee.
First we explore the tiny villages of ‘old’ Holland from where ships of the 16th century Dutch East India Company set sail in search of silks and spices. Then it’s off to Arnhem scene of the famous battle in 1944 before visiting Antwerp, the city of Diamonds and Rubens with its main square lined by the tall step-gabled, merchant’s houses so typical of the ‘low’ countries. Then we explore the very best of Flanders in delightfully medieval Ghent. From here we see Ypres and one of Europe’s finest ‘old world’ cities, delightful Bruges. Listen to the sound of the carillion emanating wonderfully from the instantly recognisable Bell Tower, sip a coffee in the old market square and reflect on how wonderful life can be. Finally we discover one of nature’s most spectacular of floral displays, the kaleidoscope of colour that is the Dutch Bulbfields.
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- Tour of Amsterdam, one of the world’s most unique cities
- Walking tour of Bruges, one of Europe’s most perfectly preserved medieval towns
- Visit to Arnhem, famous for the 1944 battle vividly depicted in the film ‘A Bridge Too Far’
- Tour of Antwerp, the city of Rubens and the ‘Flemish Masters’
- Walking tour of Ghent, the 14th century’s largest city in Western Europe
- Visit to Ypres and the First World War Battlefields
- Visit to the stunning Keukenhof Gardens – the heart of the Dutch Bulbfields
- Cruise along the Zuiderzee
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your arrival day until breakfast on your final day
- Services of a cruise director and tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Glasgow – departs various in April 2020 – from £1,229pp. Other airports and dates available.
Bruges, Medieval Flanders, Amsterdam and the Dutch Bulbfields River Cruise
- East Midlands
- Leeds Bradford
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Stansted
- Eurostar - London St Pancras
- 2nd April 2019
- 3rd April 2020
- 10th April 2020
- 12th April 2020
- 13th April 2020
- 17th April 2020
- 20th April 2020
- 22nd April 2020
- 26th April 2020
- 29th April 2020