On this incredible river cruise through the Balkans, we start by exploring the stunning sights of Kalocsa and Belgrade, with its magnificent Kalemegdan Fortress.
Then it’s off to Pleven passing through the Iron Gates Gorge and the Djerdap locks before visiting Bucharest. Known as ‘little Paris’ this gem of a capital city will capture your heart with its romantic buildings and tree-lined boulevards.
Then we explore the very best of The Danube Delta and enjoy a cruise through Europe’s largest area of wetlands and marshlands – a UNESCO-listed site. From here we see Constanta where you can explore it’s charming Old Town and museums, Veliko Tarnovo and the village of Arbanassi.
After taking a scenic drive to the spectacular rock formations at Belogradchik we visit Lepenski Vir – one of the most important Mesolithic archaeological sites in Serbia before travelling to Novi Sad, Osijek and Vukovar. Finally, on the final leg of this stunning river cruise we discover the imperial city of two halves – Budapest.
- Fourteen nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- Return scheduled flights from 12 regional airports
- Sixteen visits and tours, including guided tours in Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Novi Sad, Kalocsa, Osijek, Vukovar and Pleven; a scenic drive into the Puszta with an equestrian show; a cruise into the Danube Delta; guided visits to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi, the churches of Ivanovo, the rock formations at Belogradchik, and the Mesolithic archaeological site of Lepenski Vir; and a visit to the ancient city of Constanta
- Spectacular cruising through the magnificent Iron Gates Gorge
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure (except one lunch), including welcome cocktails, a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and concierge
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.