On this incredible river cruise through the Balkans, we start by exploring the stunning sights of Kalocsa and Belgrade, with its magnificent Kalemegdan Fortress.
Then it’s off to Pleven passing through the Iron Gates Gorge and the Djerdap locks before visiting Bucharest. Known as ‘little Paris’ this gem of a capital city will capture your heart with its romantic buildings and tree-lined boulevards.
Then we explore the very best of The Danube Delta and enjoy a cruise through Europe’s largest area of wetlands and marshlands – a UNESCO-listed site. From here we see Constanta where you can explore it’s charming Old Town and museums, Veliko Tarnovo and the village of Arbanassi.
After taking a scenic drive to the spectacular rock formations at Belogradchik we visit Lepenski Vir – one of the most important Mesolithic archaeological sites in Serbia before travelling to Novi Sad, Osijek and Vukovar. Finally, on the final leg of this stunning river cruise we discover the imperial city of two halves – Budapest.
- Change your booking free up to 45 days before travel
- Covid Cancellation protection included as standard
- Happy by day two or we’ll bring you home with a full refund
- Return flights & transfers
- Fourteen nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- Sixteen visits and tours, including guided tours in Budapest, Belgrade, Bucharest, Novi Sad, Kalocsa, Osijek, Vukovar and Pleven; a scenic drive into the Puszta with an equestrian show; a cruise into the Danube Delta; guided visits to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi, the churches of Ivanovo, the rock formations at Belogradchik, and the Mesolithic archaeological site of Lepenski Vir; and a visit to the ancient city of Constanta
- Spectacular cruising through the magnificent Iron Gates Gorge
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure (except one lunch), including welcome cocktails, a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
Budapest to the Black Sea River Cruise
- Other UK airports also available
- 30th April 2021
- 21st May 2021
- 8th June 2021
- 16th September 2021
- 1st October 2021
- 20th May 2022
- 30th September 2022