On this incredible journey from Budapest to the Black Sea through the Balkans, we start by exploring the stunning sights of Kalocsa, Pecs and Belgrade with its magnificent Kalemegdan Fortress. Then it’s off to Pleven passing through the Iron Gates Gorge and the Djerdap locks before visiting Bucharest. Known as ‘little Paris’ this gem of a capital city will capture your heart with its romantic buildings and tree-lined boulevards.
Then we explore the very best of The Danube Delta and enjoy a cruise through Europe’s largest area of wetlands and marshlands – a UNESCO-listed site. From here we see Constanta where you can explore it’s charming Old Town and museums, Veliko Tarnovo and the village of Arbanassi.
After taking a scenic drive to the spectacular rock formations at Belogradchik we visit Lepenski Vir – one of the most important Mesolithic archaeological sites in Serbia before travelling to Novi Sad, Osijek and Vukovar. Finally, we discover the imperial city of two halves – Budapest.
- Return flights from a selection of regional airports with transfers to and from the ship included
- 14 nights’ on board a 5-star ship
- See Kalocsa cathedral, the Archbishop’s Palace and Paprika Museum
- Enjoy a guided tour of the historic Pecs
- Take a scenic drive into the ‘Puszta’ and watch a performance by some of the regions most skilled horsemen
- Tour the historic city of Belgrade seeing the magnificent Kalemegdan Fortress
- Cruise through the Iron Gates Gorge and pass through the Djerdap locks
- Visit Pleven, the scene of a major battle during the Russo-Turkish War and the Pleven Panorama depicting these historic events
- Guided tour of Bucharest, seeing the main sights of this beautiful city
- Experience the vast nature of the Danube Delta
- Visit the ancient Romanian port of Constanta on the Black Sea
- Visit the fascinating Veliko Tarnovo, the village of Arbanassi and its ancient Church of the Nativity, plus the magnificent Churches of Ivanovo
- Take a scenic drive to the spectacular rock formations at Belogradchik
- Visit Lepenski Vir, one of the most important Mesolithic archaeological sites in Serbia
- Enjoy a guided tour of cosmopolitan Novi Sad, with its historic Old Town
- Visit Budapest and enjoy a guided tour
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your day of departure (except one lunch), including welcome cocktails and dinner, plus the Captain’s Dinner
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers included
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates until October 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.
Budapest to the Black Sea River Cruise
- Other UK airports also available
- 27th April 2020
- 8th May 2020
- 22nd May 2020
- 12th June 2020
- 14th September 2020
- 24th September 2020
- 2nd October 2020