From the lush green vineyards of Burgundy to the sun-kissed hills of Provence and the wild ruggedness of the Ardeche gorges to the medieval allure of Avignon – on this truly enthralling cruise every day is full of fascination.
We start in France’s gastronomic capital and explore the beautiful Saone and Rhone rivers, the preferred route of traders and invaders alike since the dawn of recorded history. Everywhere there are reminders of the Romans and the greatest empire of the ancient world. You will be staggered by the engineering genius of the staggering amphitheatre at Arles and the huge aqueduct at the Pont du Gard. Avignon was the seat of the Papacy during medieval times, heralding a century of greatness crowned by the absorbing Papal Palace and its stunning renaissance art collection. Van Gogh created arguably his greatest works in Provence and all this is set in some of France’s most stunning natural beauty – all waiting to be discovered on this wonderful cruise.
- Standard class reserved seat on Eurostar from London St. Pancras with return rail connections on selected dates from more than 50 regional stations or return flights from selected airports (at a supplement)
- 7 nights’ on board a 5-star ship
- Visit to Beaune, centre of the Burgundy wine region and wine tasting
- Cruise the spectacular Rhone valley
- Guided tour of Lyon, second city of France and its gastronomic capital
- Visit to charming Vienne
- Tour of the astonishing Ardeche Gorges
- Guided tour of Arles, with its extraordinary Roman remains and home of Vincent Van Gogh
- Visit to the Pont du Gard
- Tour of superbly preserved, medieval Avignon and the stunning Pope’s Palace
- Price includes full-board from dinner on your day of arrival until breakfast on your final day
- Services of a cruise director and tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates until September 2019 – from £1,519pp. Other airports and dates available.
Burgundy, the River Rhone and Provence River Cruise
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Luton
- London Stansted
- Eurostar - St Pancras
- 22nd April 2019
- 15th July 2019
- 12th August 2019
- 9th September 2019
- 23rd September 2019