From the lush slopes of the scenic winelands to the sun-baked hills of Provence and the wild beauty of the Ardèche Gorges to the medieval splendour of Avignon, enjoy a fascinating cruise to one of the most picturesque corners of France.
We start in France’s gastronomic capital and explore the beautiful Saône and Rhône rivers, the preferred route of traders and invaders alike since the dawn of recorded history. Everywhere there are reminders of the Romans and the greatest empire of the ancient world.
You will be staggered by the engineering genius of the staggering amphitheatre at Arles and the huge aqueduct at the Pont du Gard. Avignon was the seat of the Papacy during medieval times, heralding a century of greatness crowned by the absorbing Papal Palace and its stunning renaissance art collection.
Van Gogh created arguably his greatest works in Provence and all this is set in some of France’s most stunning natural beauty – all waiting to be discovered on this wonderful cruise.
- Return scheduled flights from 8 regional airports or return Eurostar from London St Pancras International (a supplement may apply)
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- Seven visits and tours, including Lyon, Arles, Avignon and Vienne; a wine tasting in Beaune, and excursions to the Ardèche Gorges, Popes’ Palace and the Pont du Gard
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi (connection speeds may vary)
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and concierge
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Burgundy, the River Rhone and Provence River Cruise
- Other dates & airports also available
- 19th April 2021
- 17th May 2021
- 14th June 2021
- 26th July 2021
- 9th August 2021
- 6th September 2021
- 18th October 2021