From the lush slopes of the scenic winelands to the sun-baked hills of Provence and the wild beauty of the Ardèche Gorges to the medieval splendour of Avignon, enjoy a fascinating cruise to one of the most picturesque corners of France.
We start in France’s gastronomic capital and explore the beautiful Saône and Rhône rivers, the preferred route of traders and invaders alike since the dawn of recorded history. Everywhere there are reminders of the Romans and the greatest empire of the ancient world.
You will be staggered by the engineering genius of the staggering amphitheatre at Arles and the huge aqueduct at the Pont du Gard. Avignon was the seat of the Papacy during medieval times, heralding a century of greatness crowned by the absorbing Papal Palace and its stunning renaissance art collection.
Van Gogh created arguably his greatest works in Provence and all this is set in some of France’s most stunning natural beauty – all waiting to be discovered on this wonderful cruise.
- Change your booking free up to 45 days before travel
- Covid Cancellation protection included as standard
- Happy by day two or we’ll bring you home with a full refund
- Return flights & transfers, or return Eurostar, TGV & transfers
- Seven visits and tours, including Lyon, Arles, Avignon and Vienne; a wine tasting in Beaune, and excursions to the Ardèche Gorges, Popes’ Palace and the Pont du Gard
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.