There are few places in the world that generate more iconic imagery than California and the western USA, and even fewer live up to it in reality!
The sights and amazing natural wonders just roll off the tongue, with probably nothing more aptly named than the Grand Canyon.
Then there’s Monument Valley, whose towering sandstone pillars are immortalised in countless Westerns, the Painted Desert, Yosemite, home to the highest waterfall in the USA, the lofty snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Nevada, Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks.
The natural splendours of this huge region are quite simply astonishing. Combine these with the allure of such genuinely unique cities as San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego and Las Vegas and you have a destination that simply cannot be matched. Our tour visits all these and more besides!
- Return flights & transfers
- 3 to 4-star accommodation
- Experience the stunning beauty of the Grand Canyon
- Stay in San Francisco’s famous Fisherman’s Wharf with a guided tour of the city
- Marvel at the other-worldly spires of Bryce Canyon
- Visit timeless Monument Valley, a masterpiece of ancient erosion
- See vast wind sculpted red sandstone rock formations in the Valley of Fire State Park
- Stay on the Strip in glitzy Las Vegas, the entertainment capital of the world
- See glamorous Los Angeles including the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Sunset Strip
- Bask in sunny San Diego, the classic southern Californian city
- See the iconic London Bridge in Lake Havasu City
- Take a scenic drive through the Mojave Desert and the Sierra Nevada mountains
- Enjoy the lush forest scenery of Yosemite Valley and visit the mighty El Capitan
- Visit Mariposa grove, the largest sequoia tree grove in Yosemite
- Stay in Culver City, the heart and home of film-making and the silver screen
- Expert tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
2020 dates also still available, please click here for more information.
California & the Golden West
- Other UK airports also available
- 15th March 2021
- 22nd March 2021
- 12th April 2021
- 26th April 2021
- 3rd May 2021
- 10th May 2021
- 24th May 2021
- 14th June 2021
- 30th August 2021
- 20th September 2021
- 18th October 2021
- 8th November 2021