Experience the magnificent Rocky Mountains, travel along the ‘road of steel’ and finally arrive at Vancouver as one of the most naturally beautiful cities.
The magnificent Rocky Mountains are Canada’s crowning glory: home to bears, majestic elk, moose and beaver, with vast forests that seem to go on forever.
We stay in Banff, the very heart of the mountains, then travel along a monument to man’s engineering prowess, the ‘road of steel’ that is the great Trans-Canadian railway, on the incredible Rocky Mountaineer train.
Crossing high passes, deep ravines and innumerable spectacular bridges, places that can only be seen by rail, the Rocky Mountaineer is acknowledged as the ultimate way to travel through the beautifully rugged terrain of Alberta and British Columbia.
Finally, we arrive in Vancouver, nestling beside the immense majesty of the Pacific Ocean, which ranks alongside Sydney, Cape Town and San Francisco as one of the world’s most naturally beautiful panoramas. With its gleaming glass skyscrapers reflected in the azure-blue ocean, Canada’s third largest city is a fascinating and cosmopolitan metropolis encircled by water and mountains.
- Return flights and transfers with checked baggage
- Stay in hand-picked three-star superior accommodation in Banff and Vancouver
- Experience the drama of the magnificent Rocky Mountains in unrivalled luxury on the Rocky Mountaineer train, the ultimate way to travel across this breath-taking terrain
- Enjoy impeccable SilverLeaf service with 2 days on board the Rocky Mountaineer, including two breakfasts and two lunches (upgrade available at a supplement)
- Guided visits to Lake Louise, Peyto Lake and the Athabasca Glacier plus ride on the Snocoach and a tour of Vancouver.
- Travel on the Icefields Parkway, one of the world’s most scenic highways, and walk on the 300-metre-thick Athabasca glacier
- Expert tour manager
Subject to availability, single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.