Join us for a taste of the Wild West on the Canadian Rockies & Calgary Stampede tour. Discover this dramatic landscape and enjoy a scenic cruise from Vancouver to pretty Vancouver Island. Explore Lake Louise, Jasper and Banff, and experience the ‘Wild West’ at the world-famous Calgary Stampede.
Calgary Stampede Available Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs 26 June 2020 & 30 June 2021 – from £3345pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs 26 June 2020 & 30 June 2021 – from £3345pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – departs 26 June 2020 & 30 June 2021 – from £3345pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in England – Belfast City George Best, London Heathrow, Manchester and Newcastle – click here for more information on dates and prices.
Calgary Stampede Tour Highlights:
- Spend two days at the Calgary Stampede
- Discover the delightful city of Vancouver
- Look out for grizzlies in the Monashee Mountains
- Explore famous Butchart Gardens or go searching for whales on a choice of optional excursions
- Enjoy a two-night stay in Jasper, ‘Gem of the Canadian Rockies’
- Journey from Jasper, on the Icefields Parkway via sparkling Lake Louise, to Banff, capital of the Rockies
- Stay in Banff, the majestic Rockies capital
- A Rodeo show, an evening show, souvenir programmes, and Skyrides over Stampede Park during your time at the Stampede
- 12 nights’ room-only accommodation in a series of three-star hotels in Vancouver (2 nights), Victoria (2), Sun Peaks (1), Jasper (2), Banff (2) and Calgary (3)
- Entrance to the Calgary Stampede
- Return flights to Vancouver, returning from Calgary
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Calgary Stampede Itinerary
Day One – Fly to Vancouver
Fly to Vancouver to enjoy a two-night stay on the edge of the Pacific Rim, overlooking the Georgia Strait and backed by the snow-capped Coast Mountains.
Day Two – Optional Vancouver city tour
Join today’s optional guided tour of Vancouver and discover why it is frequently voted the best place in the world to live. Highlights of the day will include restored Gastown, hectic, colourful Chinatown, and the Burrard Inlet coastal fjord. You’ll also cross into the leafy suburbs of North Van to brave the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge, which stretches 450 ft across Capilano River.
Today, we travel to the port to catch a 90-minute ferry ride to Vancouver Island, which cruises through the scenic Georgia Strait. We’ll then continue to Victoria, the charming, colonial provincial capital, for a two-night stay.
Day Four – Optional Butchart Gardens and Whale-Watching tours
Spend today exploring this unashamedly British city. Visit attractive Inner harbour, the vast Parliament Buildings and the grand Empress Hotel, or join us on an optional morning visit to colourful Butchart Gardens. In the afternoon, you’ll also have the chance to head offshore, searching for signs of orca, humpback and grey whales on our optional whale-watching cruise.
Day Five – Journey to Sun Peaks
Sail back to the mainland and drive through beautiful mountain scenery to the resort of Sun Peaks, a modern alpine village high in the BC interior.
Day Six – Spot bears in Grizzly Bear Valley
Don’t miss today’s included cruise through ‘Grizzly Bear Valley’ where sightings of grizzly and black bears are almost guaranteed from the boat. Later, we’ll continue our tour. We’ll head past towering Mount Robson, the Rockies’ highest peak, and through beautiful scenery, to Jasper, at the gateway to scenic Jasper National Park, where you’ll stay for two nights.
Day Seven – Ride the Jasper Skytram and visit Medicine and Maligne Lakes
Join today’s optional excursion, which will include a ride on the historic Jasper Skytram – Canada’s longest – to the scenic heights above, and a journey to the stunning Medicine and Maligne Lakes, in their spectacular settings, as well as beautiful Maligne Canyon. For the young at heart, join the exhilarating optional ‘ Jasper Motorcycle Tour’, an exciting adventure on the back of, or in a sidecar attached to, a legendary Harley Davidson motorcycle driven by a professional driver.
Day Eight – Journey along the Icefields Parkway and call at Lake Louise
Today you’ll travel along the renowned Icefields Parkway, calling at beautiful Lake Louise, where stunning turquoise waters are set against the awesome backdrop of Victoria Glacier. You’ll continue on to Banff, the delightful, bustling ‘capital’ of the Rockies, with its many shops and surrounding mountain scenery.
Day Nine – Explore Banff
Take the opportunity to join an optional Banff sightseeing tour, which includes a cable-car ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain and a trip to scenic Surprise Corner viewpoint overlooking the famous Banff Springs Hotel. Also today, perhaps enjoy an optional Rockies helicopter ride over the mountains.
Day 10 – Travel to Calgary
Spend a morning at leisure in Banff before you travel to the ‘cowboy city’ of Calgary for a three-night stay.
Day 11 – Discover the Calgary Stampede
Visit the Stampede showground in Calgary. You’ll have plenty of time to experience this iconic outdoor event and soak up the fantastic atmosphere as you watch authentic rodeos, chuck-wagon races and grandstand shows.
Day 12 – Enjoy the entertainment at the Stampede
Today you’ll return to the Stampede showground for another taste of the Wild West. As well as thrilling rodeos, there’ll be entertainment in abundance with live music, rides and games, and the Skyride that takes you from one side of the park to the other.
Day 13 – Transfer to the airport
Today you’ll transfer to the airport to board your overnight flight back to the UK.
Day 14 – Arrive home
Arrive back in the UK.