Make one of the world’s must-do journeys through the breathtaking Canadian Rockies to Vancouver and Victoria – two of British Columbia’s most charming cities.
Discover the glories of Western Canada as you journey from the Stampede City of Calgary, via majestic Banff and its scenic heights, past sparkling Lake Louise to historic Jasper and its National Park. A stay in beautiful resort Sun Peaks is followed by the journey down to welcoming Vancouver, Canada’s most liveable city, before your holiday ends with a stay in unashamedly “British” Victoria, British Columbia’s charming capital on delightful Vancouver Island.
The Canadian Rockies Available Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – various dates available until October 2021 – from £2195pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – various dates available until October 2021 – from £2195pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – various dates available until October 2021 – from £2195pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen only.
- Flights also available from airports in England – Belfast City George Best, London Heathrow, Manchester and Newcastle – click here for more information on dates and prices.
The Canadian Rockies Tour Highlights
- Stay in Banff, the capital of the Rockies
- Follow the Icefields Parkway, via Lake Louise
- Enjoy a two-night stay in the alpine town of Jasper
- Look out for grizzlies in the Monashee Mountains (selected departures only)
- Discover Vancouver, frequently voted the world’s best city to live in
- Stay two nights in the pretty harbourside city of Victoria
- Spend a night in the mountain resort of Sun Peaks
- Discover Jasper National Park and Maligne Lake on an optional excursion
- Nine nights’ room-only hotel accommodation – staying in Banff (2), Jasper (2), Sun Peaks (1), Vancouver (2) and Victoria (2) – plus one night on the aircraft
- Return flights to Calgary (returning from Vancouver)
- Coach travel and transfers throughout
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Canadian Rockies Tour Itinerary
Day One: Fly to Canada
Fly direct to the oil-and-cattle town of Calgary, meet your tour manager and journey into the Rockies, to majestic Banff.
Day Two: Optional Banff sightseeing tour
Explore the Canadian Rockies’ delightful, bustling Rockies’ capital, and take the opportunity to join a choice of memorable optional excursions, which include a cable-car ride to the summit of Sulphur Mountain, a trip to the scenic Surprise Corner viewpoint overlooking the famous Banff Springs Hotel, and an unforgettable helicopter ride.
Spend your second evening in Banff soaking up the atmosphere of this mountain paradise, and perhaps dining out in one of the town’s vast choice of restaurants and bars.
Day Three: Visit Lake Louise and take the Icefields Parkway to Jasper National Park
Today you’ll travel by coach along the Icefields Parkway, one of North America’s most scenic routes, and call at beautiful Lake Louise whose turquoise waters are set against the backdrop of Victoria Glacier.
From there, you’ll continue to Jasper for a two-night stay at the entrance to the scenic Jasper National Park.
Day Four: Optional excursion to Jasper Skytram and Maligne Lake
Rest and relax at the hotel, discover Jasper at your leisure, or perhaps joining today’s scenic optional excursion, which will include a ride on the historic Jasper Skytram – Canada’s longest cable car – and a journey to spectacular Maligne Lake.
For the young at heart there’s also the chance to join an exciting optional Jasper Motorcycle Tour – an exhilarating adventure on the back of (or in a sidecar attached to) a Harley Davidson ridden by a professional rider.
Day Five: Coach travel from Jasper to Sun Peaks
The visual feast of Canadian scenery continues, today, as you head past majestic Mount Robson, Canada’s highest peak, and along the Yellowhead Highway.
You’ll spend your last night in the Rockies in the delightful British Columbian mountain village of Sun Peaks. Rest and relax in the resort, which shelters beneath Tod Mountain and boasts British Columbia’s highest golf course as well as a choice of bars and restaurants.
Day Six: Travel from the Rockies to Vancouver
Bid farewell to the high mountains and head further west, today.
You’ll pass the frontier town of Kamloops, and journey through the coastal ranges on the final western section of the famous Trans-Canada Highway, as you head to lively, waterfront Vancouver.
Day Seven: Optional Vancouver city tour
Join today’s optional guided tour of delightful Vancouver.
Highlights will include restored Gastown, hectic, colourful Chinatown, and the glass and steel wonders of the Burrard Inlet waterfront.
You’ll also cross into the leafy suburbs of ‘North Van’ for the chance to brave the famous Capilano Suspension Bridge – which stretches 450ft across Capilano River. Afterwards, you’ll have the rest of the day free.
Day Eight: Vancouver Island and Victoria
Journey to the ferry and cross the Georgia Strait to Vancouver Island, before heading on to the unashamedly “British” capital of British Columbia, Victoria.
Spend two nights in this charming city, and take the opportunity to discover the Royal B.C. Museum, vast parliament buildings and grand Empress Hotel.
Day Nine: Optional Butchart Gardens and Whale-Watching tours
Spend a today exploring Victoria under your own steam. Alternatively, join this morning’s optional excursion to world-famous Butchart Gardens, where over a million plants and several hundred floral species are displayed.
This afternoon, you can complete your stay – and your Canadian adventure – by joining our optional whale-watching cruise, for the chance to spot orca, killer, humpback and grey whales.
Day 10: Return to Vancouver and fly back to the UK
Board the ferry back to the mainland this morning, and head to Vancouver Airport to board your overnight flight home.
Day 11: Land back in the UK
Early this morning you’ll arrive back in the UK after an unforgettable holiday to Canada.