Discover the Rainbow Nation of South Africa, a country filled with natural beauty, spectacular landscapes and diverse culture.
During your solo traveller holiday to South Africa, you will explore the exciting and cosmopolitan city of Cape Town, one of the country’s three capitals. You can take a cable car to its famous landmark, Table Mountain, to get incredible views of the city and its surroundings.
Visit Robben Island, where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 18 years and learn more about this remarkable UNESCO World Heritage Site and its history.
Enjoy your journey on the Garden Route, the ultimate South African road trip; along the way you can discover extraordinary sights like driving through the Outeniqua Mountain Pass and the wildlife in the Featherbed Nature Reserve.
A holiday to South Africa isn’t complete until you experience a Safari and you can spot the “Big 5” in Aquila Private Game Reserve.
- Flights from Glasgow to Cape Town (via Dubai or Doha)
- 4 nights in Cape Town, with a panoramic city tour and ascent of Table Mountain (weather
- permitting), a Safari at Aquila Game Reserve, in search of the “Big 5”, an excurion across
- Table Bay to Robben Island and Cape Peninsula including Cape Point Nature Reserve and
- Boulders Beach for an up close and personal encounter with African Penguins
- 2 nights in Arniston with a visit to Hermanus and transfer via Outeniqua Pass
- 2 nights in Knysna visiting Featherbed Nature Reserve, including a guided nature walk
- 2 nights in Stellenbosch with a scenic drive through the local wine regions, including wine blending and tasting at a Wine Estate
To view available dates and prices for this holiday CLICK HERE
Or call 0131 608 1238 quoting “DC Thomson Travel”
Choice of Hotels
Stellenbosch Lodge Country Hotel 4*
Located on the outskirts of the charming town of Stellenbosch, this hotel offers its guests a true countryside experience. With its picturesque setting of vineyards and a backdrop of rugged mountains, it is an ideal base for touring in the Winelands. The comfortable bedrooms are decorated in contemporary style and the hotel’s rustic-themed bar is the place to enjoy a refreshing drink after a day of sightseeing.
Arniston Spa Hotel 4*
Arniston Spa Hotel is set in one of the Cape’s most beautiful locations, next to an old fishing village in Arniston, surrounded by pristine beaches and nature reserves.The hotel is ideally located close to the Indian Ocean, offering impressive views of the unspoilt ocean and endless beaches. Arniston is a leisurely two-hour drive from Cape Town, on a road that winds through the beautiful rolling hills of the Overberg region.
Premier Hotel Knysna 4*
Secluded amongst the banks of the Knysna Lagoon and nestled in woodland gardens, this is a pleasant and picturesque hotel. Situated 3 km from Knysna city centre, it is one of the most popular destinations along the Garden Route. Guests looking to further enjoy this four-star hotel, may cool-down in the outdoor pool, during the warmer months of the year, or go for an outdoor stroll by the lagoon. The Cocktail Bar and the Ladies Lounge are a great place for those looking to enjoy some relaxation time with a few drinks.