Spend a week on the celebrated Neapolitan Riviera, one of the Mediterranean’s most alluring holiday destinations. Enjoy delightful Sorrento and discover a region rich in history and culture on four wonderful guided excursions. Take a tour around the lively streets and squares of Naples, sail across the bay to the ‘Island of Dreams’, follow the twists and turns of the dizzying Amalfi Drive, and step into the past at Pompeii’s startling ruins.
Capri, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast Available Departures:
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates until October 2021 – from £859pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Edinburgh only
- Flights also available from UK airports – Belfast International, Bristol, East Midlands, Liverpool John Lennon, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted & Manchester – click here for more information on dates & prices.
- A relaxing week on the Neapolitan Riviera
- Visiting the extraordinary, preserved ruins of Roman Pompeii
- A full day on the Isle of Capri, on the southern side of the Gulf of Naples and a resort since the time of the Roman Empire
- Visiting Anacapri on the slopes of Monte Solaro, and taking in the view from the island’s highest point
- A journey along the Amalfi Drive, one of the world’s most scenic coastal roads
- Joining the traditional evening passeggiata (stroll) through the streets
- Seven nights’ dinner, bed and breakfast accommodation at your chosen hotel
- Guided excursions to Pompeii, Naples and Capri
- A coach trip along the Amalfi Drive
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Italy
- Comfortable coach travel and transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Arrive in Italy and your hotel
Fly to Italy and transfer to your hotel. Check-in, unpack and unwind before enjoying dinner in your hotel and taking the evening to familiarise yourself with your surroundings: your holiday home-from-home.
Day Two: Explore Sorrento at your leisure
What you do today is entirely up to you. Feel free to relax in your hotel, or get out and about and explore the shop-filled alleyways of Sorrento, watch the colourful sailboats go by from the town’s little beach, or visit one of its two small ports.
Day Three: Visit Pompeii and see the sights of Naples
Today you’ll have the chance to wander the eerie ruins of Pompeii, the ‘preserved’ Roman town famously lost for centuries when it was engulfed by a volcanic eruption in AD79.
Across the bay, our second stop is Naples. Here you can join our guide to see Piazza Plebiscito, San Carlo Opera House and Castel Nuovo, take in the astonishing views across the city from Posillipo, and follow Spaccanapoli as it ‘splits’ the city’s old quarter in two.
Day Four: The chance to explore the Campania countryside and buy local delicacies
After a gentle walking tour through Sorrento’s oldest quarter, today’s optional excursion will take us into the Campania countryside for an insight into the region’s traditional farming and food. You’ll have the chance to taste and buy regional delicacies from a local wine cellar, an ancient olive press and a farm where the region’s famous buffalo mozzarella is still hand-made. It’s a trip no foodie will want to miss!
The day will also include a drive through some of the region’s smaller towns, which boast some spectacular views of the ‘due golfi’ of Naples and Salerno.
Day Five: Take in the views from the Amalfi Drive
No trip to this part of the world is complete without a trip along the Amalfi Drive. Linking Sorrento and Amalfi, the road (originally built by the Romans) is carved out of the coastal cliffs. It provides spectacular views down to the Tyrrhenian Sea on one side and along towering cliffs on the other. You’ll also see Positano’s colourful Moorish-style houses, and be able to stroll through the streets of beautiful Amalfi. An experience-filled day ends with a journey to hill-top Ravello to explore its winding alleys and roofed passages.
Day Six: Visit Capri and Anacapri, including Mount Solaro
Today we cross from Sorrento to the idyllic isle of Capri. Here, Anacapri’s Villa San Michele charms visitors with beautiful architecture and spectacular views across the island. You’ll also have the opportunity to climb to Mount Solaro’s summit on a chair lift (payable locally), stroll through the Augustus Gardens, or visit Capri Town’s stylish boutiques.
For the perfect end to your day why not join our optional boat trip to the Blue Grotto sea caves (booked locally)? If you’ve watched our video, you’ll already know why so many people think it’s an unmissable trip.
Day Seven: Spend your last day in Italy doing as you please
Unwind at your hotel or relax in one of Sorrento’s delightful cafes on your final full day in Italy.
Day Eight: Heading home to the UK
It’s time to say “arrivederci” to Italy as you return to the airport and check in for your flight home.
Capri, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast
- Other UK airports also available
- 15th September 2020
- 22nd September 2020
- 13th October 2020
- 20th April 2021
- 27th April 2021
- 4th May 2021
- 11th May 2021
- 18th May 2021
- 25th May 2021
- 1st June 2021
- 8th June 2021
- 15th June 2021
- 22nd June 2021
- 29th June 2021
- 6th July 2021
- 31st August 2021
- 7th September 2021
- 14th September 2021
- 21st September 2021
- 28th September 2021
- 5th October 2021
- 12th October 2021
- 19th October 2021