Spend a magical Christmas in the Dolomites, Italy’s scenic, German-speaking part of the South Tyrol. Stay in a delightful wellness hotel surrounded by the majestic Brenta Dolomite mountain range. Enjoy a Gala Christmas dinner, explore the stunning Alpine scenery around you, and perhaps visit the fascinating cities of Innsbruck and Verona on optional excursions.
Christmas in the Dolomites Available Departures
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs 23 December 2019 – from £969pp
- Information on this page is for the departure from Edinburgh only
- Departures also available from other UK airports – East Midlands, London Gatwick, London Stansted & Manchester – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Christmas in the Dolomites Tour Highlights
- The beauty of the majestic Dolomites
- Optional excursions to the fascinating cities of Innsbruck and Verona
- The wonderful hospitality of our three-star hotel in the heart of the South Tyrol
- Enjoy Christmas day lunch
- Celebrate with a Christmas day gala dinner
- Five nights’ half-board accommodation at the three-star Hotel Rosa Resort
- A traditional turkey lunch on Christmas Day
- A gala dinner with music on Christmas Day
- Return flights from the UK to Italy
- One piece of hold luggage per person
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Christmas in the Dolomites Itinerary
Day One – Outbound flight to Italy
Fly to Italy, where you’ll be met by your Tour Manager, and transfer to your hotel in the heart of the Italian Alps. After check in you’re free to explore the local area or spend the rest of the day relaxing before dinner this evening.
Day Two – Optional Innsbruck city tour
Today you’ll have time to rest and relax at your hotel, perhaps making use of the pool and spa facilities in the wellness centre, or treating yourself to the extra Christmas gift of a massage or beauty treatment (payable locally). Alternatively, stroll into the nearby village of Cavareno, or join today’s optional excursion to Innsbruck. With its onion-domed churches and historic old town surrounded by scenic mountains, the city is the perfect winter wonderland. Explore the many stalls of the delightful Christmas Market held underneath the famous ‘Golden Roof’, and on elegant Maria-Theresien-Strasse, before returning to the hotel for dinner.
Day Three – Christmas Day
Your wonderful, memorable Christmas Day begins with a leisurely breakfast followed by a morning visit to Merano, a celebrated spa town that was once the favoured refuge of Empress Elisabeth of Austria – Sisi. Here there may be the chance to enjoy a morning coffee and slice of traditional apfel strudel in a cafe before you return to the hotel to enjoy a traditional Christmas turkey lunch.
Spend your afternoon relaxing, before the evening’s celebration gala dinner with music rounds off your perfect Christmas Day.
Day Four – Included Dolomites scenery tour
Head into the dramatic winter landscape of the Dolomites, on today’s included excursion. As well as the chance to enjoy some of Europe’s most spectacular mountain scenery, you’ll be able to soak up the warm festive welcome of some Alto-Adige towns and villages.
Day Five – Optional Verona city tour
Our final optional excursion gives you the chance to visit Verona, on the banks of the River Adige. The iconic setting for Shakespeare’s tale of “Juliet and her Romeo” is a maze of medieval streets that feed gradually down to the marble-paved Piazza Bra – which itself shelters in the shadow of Verona’s vast Roman amphitheatre. Explore this fascinating city, before returning to the hotel for your last evening in Italy.
Day Six – Fly back to the UK
Say a fond farewell to your hotel and all your newfound friends, today, before you head back to the airport to board your flight home.