The Southern Uplands, the Scottish Borders, or simply ‘the Borders’: whatever you call them, one thing’s for certain, and it’s that they make a jolly good setting for a festive jaunt.
When a Scottish staycation means waking up in the luxury of a grand country house hotel, looking out over a landscape brimming with the promise of powdery snow and bracing frosty walks (followed with the promise of a warming dram by a crackling fire), why would you want to go elsewhere?
This, and more, is all yours when you celebrate Christmas in the Scottish Borders with us. Glittering drinks receptions, comradely carol singing, a traditional lunch with all the trimmings, and a guided tour of the beautiful Border country with a peek into the region’s charming towns await. Yes, the weather outside may be frightful, but new friends, good cheer and friendly Scottish hospitality will leave you feeling warm.
Christmas in the Scottish Borders Holiday Highlights
- Festive teas on arrival
- Drinks reception and Christmas carols
- Traditional Christmas carvery with all the trimmings on Christmas day
- Free time in Peebles
- Optional scenic coach tour of the Border country
- Return coach travel available from Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dunfermline, Kinross, Perth, Dundee, Arbroath, Montrose, Aberdeen or Inverurie
- 3 nights’ hotel accommodation at the 4* Macdonald Cardrona Hotel, Peebles
- On Christmas Day, enjoy a Christmas Day breakfast with Buck’s fizz followed by a Christmas carvery lunch with all of the trimmings
- Festive teas on arrival at hotel followed by a drinks reception and Christmas carols
- 3 evening meals and 3 breakfasts
- On Boxing Day enjoy a scenic tour of the Borders visiting Moffat, Galashiels, and Melrose – or choose to relax around the hotel, perhaps enjoying some spa treatments
- All coach transfers throughout
- Services of a tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Want to explore more of our holidays in Scotland? Please click here.
From our pick-up points throughout Scotland, we are whisked away for the first day of our festive tour. Before heading to our luxury accommodation in Peebles, we pause for a visit in the town itself, where we are free to explore independently and find the perfect lunch spot. Afterwards, we make our way to the sumptuous Cardrona Hotel, Golf and Country Club, where we are welcomed with tempting festive teas on arrival.
After taking a little while to settle in and freshen up, we enjoy our first dinner as a group in the hotel, followed by a drinks reception and Christmas carols with the hotel staff. A thoroughly warming and welcoming first night!
Our first full day kicks off in true festive style with a glass of Buck’s Fizz over breakfast. After this, the morning is free to relax — why not take a stroll by the river to sharpen your appetite for the imminent feasting?
The feasting itself begins in earnest at lunchtime, as we all join together for a traditional Christmas carvery lunch with all the trimmings (cheesy jokes and paper hats not compulsory, but greatly encouraged). After gathering around to enjoy the Queen’s Speech, we are free to spend the afternoon however we like, whether that’s making the most of the hotel’s leisure facilities, reading our new books, or even succumbing to a postprandial nap — just make sure to wake in time for the buffet supper this evening!
Your Boxing Day morning can unfold in one of two ways — embark on a scenic coach tour of the Border country, including visits to the delightful towns of Moffat, Galashiels, and Melrose, or if you prefer, take the day to relax around the hotel. Why not book some spa treatments or partake in a bracing round of winter golf?
Sadly, this morning is our last in the borders. We check out of our hotel and return to our original pick-up points, full of good food and happy memories.