In Costa Rica every road seems to lead to another waterfall, a coffee plantation, a volcano, a lush rainforest or a stunning tropical beach. Everywhere you look, you are greeted by smiling faces who are immensely proud to live in a country whose happy motto is ‘pura vida’ – pure life!
Our tour starts from the country’s capital of San José before striking out for the Tortuguero National Park on Costa Rica’s eastern Caribbean coast, a labyrinth of canals, rivers and lagoons covered in thick forest and mangroves.
We continue cross-country towards the Arenal volcano. With a perfect cone, numerous hot springs and surrounded by its own national park, roughly half the species of Costa Rica can be found here.
From our comfortable base we will also visit the Caño Negro reserve, close to the border with Nicaragua. The main access route here is along the Rio Frio and the best way to spot wildlife is our boat safari which gives you uninterrupted views along its banks.
Our next port of call is the renowned Monteverde Cloud Forest, a unique ecosystem created by the warm Pacific winds being pushed up and condensing on the mountain slopes.
Our final stay for three nights is at a five-star resort in Guanacaste on the Pacific coast. Known for its beautiful palm-fringed beaches, this is the perfect spot to take some time off, relax, find a nice restaurant or bar and watch the sun slowly sink into the mighty Pacific Ocean.
With the new direct flights from London Gatwick to San José, we are sure you will come back from this surprising, amazing country with a real burning desire to go back. Pura vida!
- Return flights and transfers
- Stay in 3 to 5-star accommodation, including three nights in a five-star resort overlooking the Pacific Ocean
- 22 meals: 11 breakfasts, 6 lunches & 5 dinners
- Discover the unique eco-system in Tortuguero National Park
- Explore the area around the still-active Arenal Volcano
- Travel to the remote Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge, renowned for its incredible birdlife
- See the extraordinary Monteverde Cloud Forest from above on hanging bridges
- Enjoy a fascinating tour of a coffee estate
- Option to try out an exhilarating ‘zip-line’ tour through the rainforest
- Expert tour manager
Subject to availability, single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Costa Rica – from the Caribbean to the Pacific
- London Gatwick
- 17th October 2020
- 3rd November 2020
- 17th November 2020
- 24th November 2020
- 12th January 2021
- 26th January 2021
- 2nd February 2021
- 9th February 2021
- 16th February 2021
- 23rd February 2021
- 9th March 2021
- 17th April 2021
- 24th April 2021
- 8th May 2021
- 5th June 2021