This delightful autumn river cruise is the perfect way to see the riverside capitals of Austria, Hungary and Slovakia. From the moment you step aboard your A-ROSA river cruiser you’ll be free to do as little or as much as you wish.
The A-ROSA experience is relaxed, informal and here for your enjoyment. Meal times are flexible and live ‘show-cooking’ chefs will present a wide range of delicious food at the buffet. Unwind with included cocktails at the bar, enjoy discounted SPA-ROSA treatments, or join in the games and activities on the sunny top deck – how much you choose to do is up to you.
Sail east to the Austrian jewel, Vienna, and get to know the city on a guided tour. Glorious Budapest is next, followed by the delightful Slovakian capital, Bratislava. Each new port of call will bring stunning Baroque palaces, elegant streets and a host of other sights to see and places to explore, and your cruise will end with a day spent floating lazily along the river and through the beautiful Wachau Valley, past pristine forests, imposing waterfront castles and vineyards, and hopefully soaking up the autumn sun.
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates until October 2020 – from £1209pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Edinburgh only
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Bristol, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester and Newcastle – click here for more information on dates and prices.
Danube River Cruise Tour Highlights
- An included guided tour of Imperial Vienna
- An afternoon call in Budapest, ‘Pearl of the Danube’
- A visit to the Slovakian capital, Bratislava
- The glorious, riverside scenery of the Wachau Valley
- Embark A-ROSA DONNA in Engelhartszell
- Five nights’ all-inclusive cruise accommodation
- Buffet breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board
- A large selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks all day long
- On-board activities and entertainment
- Return travel from the UK to Austria
- Included coach transfers to the ship
Single supplements apply. Offer subject to availability.
Danube River Cruise Itinerary
Day One: Fly to Germany
Fly to Germany, and board the coach for your included transfer to Engelhartszell on the banks of the Danube to embark on your A-ROSA cruise. Make yourself at home on board, and relax as you get underway this evening. Alternatively, make your own way from home to the ship, in your own time, in time to embark.
Day Two: Vienna, Austria
At around lunchtime you’ll arrive in the glorious Austrian capital, Vienna, after a serene morning sailing down the Danube. Get to know the elegant arcades, churches and Habsburg palaces of this at once lively and historic cultural city on an included tour, after which you’ll be free to explore. Visit the Imperial Hofburg – home to the Spanish Riding School, Vienna Boys’ Choir and the Austrian President. Wander the Ringstrasse and the elegant, pedestrianised Innere Stadt, and perhaps climb the spire of Stephansdom, Vienna’s majestic Gothic cathedral.
Day Three: Budapest, Hungary
After a scenic morning on the sweeping river, you’ll arrive in Budapest in time for lunch. Stroll around the city to see how it earned the nickname The Pearl of the Danube. See the steeple-topped dome of Budai Var (the former Royal Palace and that now houses a number of the city’s major museums) and Matyas Church, relax in one of the old town’s elegant coffee houses, or pamper yourself at one of the city’s magnificent thermal spas.
Day Four: Bratislava, Slovakia
Slovakia’s beautiful capital, Bratislava, welcomes A-ROSA DONNA early this afternoon. Discover the city’s cosmopolitan mix of Central European influences and glorious Baroque palaces, and perhaps enjoy the views across the city and the river from the observation platform at the top of Most SNP (the city’s futuristic ‘UFO’ bridge).
Day Five: Passage Wachau Valley, Austria
Spend the final day of your A-ROSA experience making the most of your Premium All-Inclusive package as A-ROSA DONNA sails through the beautiful scenery of the Wachau Valley, past the beautiful riverside town of Durnstein and the magnificent hill-top complex of Melk Abbey, as you make your way back to Engelhartszell.
Day Six: Travel back to the UK
Your A-ROSA experience comes to an end this morning as you arrive back in Engelhartszell and disembark to begin your journey home.