On this 13 night holiday with a difference, discover the rich history and the unique culture of the island nation of Sri Lanka. Admire its beautiful landscapes, ancient cities and temples, amazing wildlife and relaxing beaches, as you get to know the people and places of this fascinating country.
With wonders at every turn, you will take in a whole host of UNESCO World Heritage Sites including the walled city of Galle, the ancient city of Polonnaruwa and the spectacular Lion’s Rock fortress in Sigiriya. A trip to the ancient city of Anuradhapura will be a particular highlight, with its temples, landscaped gardens, ceremonial baths and the sacred ‘Bo Tree’, the oldest known tree in the world.
Immerse yourself in local life as you visit regional villages, take a ride in a tuk tuk, and enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan cultural performance. Marvel at the country’s incredible wildlife with a trip to an Elephant orphanage and a safari game drive in the Yala National Park, where elephants, leopards, water buffalo, crocodiles, sea turtles and many species of birds are among the inhabitants. And to top it all off, you can enjoy some relaxation time on one of the island’s stunning sandy beaches.
- Return flights from Glasgow to Colombo, via Dubai
- 1 night in Negombo with a morning visit to a local fishermen’s village
- 3 nights in Habarana including excursions to the ancient cities of Polonnaruwa and Anuradhapura and Sigiriya’s “Lion Rock” fortress
- 2 nights in Kandy, with visits to Dambulla Cave Temple, the Royal Botanic Gardens and Pinnawela Elephant orphanage
- 1 night in Nuwara Eliya, with a visit to a tea plantation en route
- 1 night in Yala, with a safari game drive and visit to the walled city of Galle
- 3 nights to enjoy relaxing in Weligama Bay and 1 night in Colombo
To view available dates and prices for this holiday CLICK HERE
Flights from Belfast International also available