Unique culture and beauty – Sicily has been at the crossroads of almost every Mediterranean civilisation for thousands of years, leaving the island with traces of their culture, architecture, and history.
In character, Sicilians are markedly different from the rest of Italians, with their own Sicilian language and dialects, as well as a uniquely vibrant cuisine. Influences come from Africa as well as Europe for its food and culture.
Sicily’s landscape is just as varied, with rugged, snow-capped mountains, meadows of wildflowers, citrus and olive groves, and a stunning coastline with red volcanic rocks and wide sweeping bays.
From the ancient Greeks to the Romans, Moors, Normans, Spanish, French, and finally Italians, the island has absorbed so much culture and history, and their relics can be seen all over the island from ancient amphitheatres to monasteries, temples, villas, and more.
Italians are famous for being friendly and accommodating, and Sicilians especially so, so there is no doubt you will be made welcome on this beautiful island.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel
- Seven nights’ four-star hotel accommodation, with breakfast and dinner
- Explore the Valley of the Temples, one of the world’s greatest archaeological sites
- Uncover the best of Palermo, Sicily’s capital with a medieval and baroque centre to rival Rome
- Visit an authentic Roman Villa complete with stunning frescoes and ancient mosaics
- Witness Mount Etna, Europe’s largest active volcano
- Marvel at the riches of Syracuse, home of Archimedes and one of ancient Greece’s richest cities
- Services of an experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.