Uncover the history-steeped region of Transylvania on this Romanian guided group holiday.
The name “Transylvania” may instantly conjure images of spooky castles, swarms of bats and bloodthirsty vampires, but the dark past that has inspired this picture is just one of the many reasons to visit this fascinating and beautiful region of central Romania.
On this 7-night small group tour, we’ll explore the real Transylvania, as we visit the historic towns of Sibiu, Sighisoara, Viscri & Brasov, hike through incredible natural rock formations, stop at Dracula’s Castle, and even come face to face with some rescued bears!
We’ll stay in colourful local hotels and spend one night getting to know a Romanian family in a traditional homestay, before ending our journey with a cycling tour in the cool and modern capital of Bucharest. Join us on this unforgettable adventure to discover how bewitching Transylvania can truly be.
Explore Transylvania Price Includes
- Travel with us through Transylvania on this enchanting 7-night holiday to Romania.
- Walk in the footsteps of Vlad the Impaler on a guided tour of his birthplace, Sighisoara.
- Spend the night at a traditional homestay in the rural Transylvanian village of Viscri.
- Encounter local wildlife on a visit to a bear sanctuary in the Carpathian Mountains
- Explore Transylvania’s most iconic landmark: “Dracula’s” Castle.
- Hike through the Bucegi Mountains to Busteni
- Explore the highlights of Romania’s capital, Bucharest, by bicycle
Know before you go
Your holiday starts at our hotel in Sinaia. Trains to Sinaia operate from București Nord station in central Bucharest. Average journey time is 2 hours and 40 minutes. From Sinaia station your hotel is approximately 3km away. Taxis are normally available.
To view available dates and prices for this holiday CLICK HERE
Or call 0131 608 1238 quoting “DC Thomson Travel”
*Offer valid on new bookings made until 31st May 2021. Offer is £25pp off any 2021 or 2022 holiday of 7 nights or more using code VP-DCT25. Full terms and conditions can be viewed on the TD active Holidays website here.