This immersive cruise is as rewarding as it gets, affording opportunities to uncover the seemingly endless highlights of big-hitting, attraction-packed destinations in the Baltic and Scandinavia.
In Scandinavia, you can immerse yourself in Copenhagen’s Royal heritage and Stockholm’s pop culture; sail the spectacular Stockholm Archipelago; and uncover Oslo’s artistic and aesthetic treasures.
You’ll also visit enchanting Riga, UNESCO-listed Visby, and stop overnight in St Petersburg, for chances to see world-famous landmarks and spend savour an evening at the quintessential Russian ballet.
Choose an EXCLUSIVE benefit when you book this cruise:
- FREE drinks and tips or
- FREE car parking at port or
- Up to £100pp on board
- 14 nights’ staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable rooms and suites with TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and individually controlled air conditioning
- Tempting cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets and late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee at selected venues, afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Capitals of the Baltics Cruise Itinerary
Mon 08 Jun 2020: Depart Rosyth (Edinburgh), Late PM
Wed 10 Jun 2020: Copenhagen, Denmark
With its vibrant atmosphere, modern culture and beautiful architecture, Copenhagen is the essence of Scandinavian cool. One of Europe’s oldest and most popular cities, Copenhagen is also one of the cleanest and most cosmopolitan. Its narrow streets are always busy with welcoming locals and are lined with colourful cafes, bars, shops and places to eat. Its bridges ring with cycling commuters and the pristine waterways make visiting this city a wonderful experience.
Fri 12 Jun 2020: Riga, Latvia
Eight hundred years have shaped the unique appearance and rich traditions of Latvia’s capital, Riga. The Gothic spires that dominate its skyline imply a sombre heart, but the rich Art Nouveau spirit of this diverse city, the largest of all three Baltic capitals, is a delight to discover.
Sun 14 & Mon 15 Jun 2020: St. Petersburg, Russia
The jewel in the Baltic crown and Russia’s most European city, elegant St Petersburg was the imperial capital for two centuries, and Tsar Peter the Great’s ‘Window on the West’. The sheer grandeur of the city, and its revolutionary spirit, never fail to impress.
Tue 16 Jun 2020: Cruising Stockholm Archipelago, Sweden
A cruise through the mesmerising Stockholm Archipelago is always a memorable experience. En route to Stockholm you’ll pass by and between some 30,000 beautiful islands and islets, taking in unforgettable views from the decks of your smaller cruise ship.
Wed 17 Jun 2020: Stockholm, Sweden
Sweden’s beautiful capital owes much of its appeal to its unique location. Spread across 14 islands at the head of a vast archipelago that stretches out into the Baltic, Stockholm’s swathe of parks, gardens and canals are a joy to discover via the city’s large network of bridges.
Thu 18 Jun 2020: Visby, Sweden
Located on the Swedish island of Gotland, the UNESCO World Heritage Town of Visby is one of the most remarkable in Scandinavia. Known for its incredible scenic beauty and stunning historic sites, this former Hanseatic City has to be seen to be truly appreciated.
Sat 20 Jun 2020: Oslo, Norway
Oslo, the capital and largest city of Norway, is one of Scandinavia’s most historic, interesting and welcoming destinations. Surrounded by mountains and its own fjord, this compact and cultured city is both easy and fun to explore on foot.
Mon 22 Jun: Arrive back in Rosyth (Edinburgh), Early AM