York is renowned for its Roman, Viking and medieval heritage and celebrated for exquisite architecture amongst which the landmark minster is truly a masterpiece of stained glass windows and sculptured stone and an absolute ‘must see’.
The city is awash with nostalgia when St Nicholas Fair gets underway with colourful stalls manned by costumed traders filling the medieval streets while carol singers and buskers create a truly Dickensian festive atmosphere. Guaranteed to get you in the Christmas mood!
- Return coach travel available from Edinburgh, Dunfermline, Perth, Dundee, Stonehaven, Aberdeen or Inverurie
- 2 nights’ accommodation with dinner, bed and breakfast at the Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel, York
- Visits to the St Nicholas Fair, Parliament Street, St Sampson’s Square, The Judge’s Lodging and York’s famous Shambles Market
- Comfortable coaching throughout
- Services of a tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Fairytale York and St Nicholas Fayre Itinerary
From local joining points, meet your host then journey to York and check in at the splendid Mercure York Fairfield Manor Hotel.
We head into the heart of York where the St Nicholas Fair has an abundance of magical stalls and merriment. Wander the tangle of narrow alleyways and soak up the atmosphere as you breathe in aromas of mulled wine and hot chocolate. Head to Parliament Street, St Sampson’s Square, The Judge’s Lodging and York’s famous Shambles Market where you’ll find traditional chalets, daintily decorated with fairy lights and offering a variety of seasonal products.
Breakfast, then some free time in the heart of York before we journey home.