By taking advantage of Rosyth’s convenient northerly location, you can experience the wonderment of discovering Norway’s spellbinding fjords in a shorter time. In less than a week, you’ll enjoy scenic cruising of awe-inspiring waterways and visit two vibrant destinations, for a perfect taste of fjordland exploration onboard this Five-Night Fjordland Discovery Cruise.
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS – Choose from the following:
- FREE home transfers up to 30 miles or Glasgow coach transfers
- FREE car parking at the port
- Up to £100pp in board spend
- 5 night’s staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable rooms and suites with TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities and individually controlled air conditioning
- Tempting cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets and late-night snacks
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee at selected venues, afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Fjordland Discovery Cruise Itinerary
Thu 09 Jul 2020: Depart Rosyth (Edinburgh), Late PM
Fri 10 Jul 2020: Cruising Lysefjord, Norway
The Lysefjord is a stunning example of the Norwegian fjords’ spectacular natural beauty. Carved into the landscape by glacier movement in the Ice Age approximately 10,000 years ago, Lysefjord is lined by magnificent mountains and dramatic cliff faces – some soaring over 1,000 metres high into the unpolluted skies above.
Sat 12 Jul 2020: Bergen, Norway
Seven hills and seven fjords frame Hanseatic Bergen, a city steeped in maritime heritage. Of Bergen’s many attractions, the 900-year-old UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf. A delight to explore, the Bryggen’s cobbled stairways are lined with traditional half-timbered buildings and climb away from the waterfront, leading to curious open spaces that are often overflowing with colourful flowers that perfume the air.
Sun 13 Jul 2020: Eidfjord, Norway
The picturesque village of Eidfjord set within the breath-taking Hardangerfjord, is a gateway to some of the region’s most spectacular natural features. Eidfjord is possibly the most beautiful place in the Norwegian fjords. Located beneath a back-drop of soaring, snow-peaked mountains, engraved with rivers and waterfalls, Eidfjord simply cries out to be photographed. The village’s tranquil feel extends to the lush fields that run for miles, meandering through clusters of wood-slat homes in ice-cream hues.
Mon 14 Jul 2020: Furebergfoss Waterfall, Norway
Cruise along the Maurangerfjord, gliding past the pretty Furebergfossen Waterfall for wonderful views and great photo opportunities.
Tue 15 Jul 2020: Arrive back in Rosyth (Edinburgh), Early AM