Exploring the Norwegian Fjordland in the spring, when rich flora bursts into life and mighty waterfalls are at their most powerful, you’ll become immersed in the wonder of this spectacular part of the world.
Aboard Balmoral, experience unforgettable scenic cruising of Lysefjord, with its towering mountains, cliffs and intriguing rock formations, Maurangerfjord and Hardangerfjord, the ‘Queen of the Fjords’.
Ashore, highlights include Edvard Grieg’s lakeside home in Bergen; the famous Flåmsbana Railway; and a chance to sample flavours from the ‘Orchard of Norway’ during time in Eidfjord.
- 7 nights’ staying in an interior room aboard Balmoral – upgrades available at an additional supplement
- Comfortable, stylish rooms and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- All inclusive drinks package
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your room and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet
Terms and conditions apply. Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
To speak to an adviser regarding more information for this cruise or to book this cruise, please call 0800 1707 233 and quote *DC THOMSON TRAVEL*
Fjords & Glaciers 2020 Cruise Itinerary
Fri 24 Apr: Depart Newcastle, United Kingdom, Late PM
Sat 25 Apr: Cruising Lysefjord, Norway
The Lysefjord is a stunning example of the Norwegian fjords’ spectacular natural beauty. Carved into the landscape by glacier movement in the Ice Age approximately 10,000 years ago, Lysefjord is lined by magnificent mountains and dramatic cliff faces – some soaring over 1,000 metres high into the unpolluted skies above.
Sun 26 Apr: Cruise Hardangerfjord, Maurangerfjord, & Eidfjord, Norway
Known as the queen of the Fjord, Hardangerfjord is situated centrally in the heart of Western Norway. The best way to experience this incredible Fjord is to sail along the 197 kilomteres, enjoying the spellbinding scenery, towering mountains, waterfalls and idyllic orchards.
We’ll also cruise along the Maurangerfjord, gliding past the pretty Furebergfossen Waterfall for wonderful views and great photo opportunities.
The picturesque village of Eidfjord, set within the breath-taking Hardangerfjord, is a gateway to some of the region’s most spectacular natural features and possibly the most beautiful place in the Norwegian fjords.
Mon 27 Apr: Bergen, Norway
Seven hills and seven fjords frame Hanseatic Bergen, a city steeped in maritime heritage. Of Bergen’s many attractions, the 900-year-old UNESCO-listed Bryggen Wharf is a standout highlights.
A delight to explore, the Bryggen’s cobbled stairways are lined with traditional half-timbered buildings and climb away from the waterfront, leading to curious open spaces that are often overflowing with colourful flowers that perfume the air.
Not to be missed is a chance to ride the Funicular Railway to the top of Mount Fløyen, offering spectacular panoramic views of Bergen and its scenic surroundings.
Tue 28 Apr: Flåm & Cruising Sognefjord, Norway
Flåm is a tiny village on the banks of the Aurlandsfjord, a branch of the spectacular Sognefjord – the longest and deepest fjord in Europe. Situated amongst scenes of picturesque orchards, hamlets, cottages and farmland, this is one of Norway’s most breathtaking locations.
The magnificent Sognefjord is one of the world’s longest fjords and the largest in Norway. Truly one of the world’s most stunning natural wonders, a scenic cruise along this spectacular waterway will showcase the best that mother nature has to offer including incredible scenery, snow-capped mountain…
Wed 29 Apr: Olden, Norway
At its eastern end, the magnificent Nordfjord divides into three arms beneath the glaciers of the Jostedalsbreen, and Olden sits at the beginning of the southernmost of these arms.
Fri 01 May: Newcastle, United Kingdom, Early AM