This discovery of German waterways and cities is unique, a sailing expertly planned with a focus on maritime traditions and specially timed to coincide with the world’s largest sailing event.
An extended call at Kiel is the centrepiece of your itinerary; here you’ve a chance to enjoy all the charm, tradition and excitement of the final day of the Kieler Woche extravaganza.
You can amble around the harbour, where historic tall ships will be docked and proudly on show, experience the authentic German festivity of the occasion, and watch the evening fireworks that bring the event to a close.
Elsewhere in Germany, there are plenty of opportunities for you to delve into rich maritime history. Discover naval bases in Rostock – on tour from Warnemunde – and in Hamburg, which is also home to a fascinating International Maritime Museum; take in Bremen’s imposing World War II U-boat bunkers; and visit the decommissioned British submarine-turned-museum in Sassnitz.
Enjoy ample time in Hamburg, to visit attractions such as the Rathaus, towering St Nikolai Church and Miniatur Wunderland, and take a boat tour of Alster Lake too, and perhaps seek out sights including the UNESCO-listed Market Square, 15th century town hall and medieval Schnoor district in Bremen. What’s more, thanks to Balmoral’s smaller size, you’ll also experience memorable scenic cruising along the impressive maritime engineering feat that is the Kiel Canal.
What You’ll love
- Enjoy the final day of the Kieler Woche festival in Kiel
- Experience scenic cruising of the Kiel Canal
- Delve into rich maritime history in Hamburg, Bremen and Sassnitz
- Comfortable, stylish cabins and suites equipped with a Smart TV, hairdryer, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and individually controlled air conditioning
- A tempting choice of cuisine every day throughout your cruise – with five-course à la carte dinners, casual breakfast and lunch buffets, late-night snacks and much more
- Unlimited, self-service tea and coffee available 24hrs at selected venues, complimentary afternoon tea* with sandwiches and cakes, and in-room sandwiches and snacks
- A full programme of evening entertainment, including cabaret shows, comedy, dancing and live music
- Full use of on board leisure facilities, including swimming pools, Jacuzzis and gym
- A wide choice of engaging on board activities and lectures throughout the day
- All UK port taxes (where collectable in advance)
- Luggage porterage between your cabin and the drop-off/pick-up point
- Formal welcome and/or Captain’s Drinks Party and Gala Buffet