The magnificent Old West conjures up images of cowboys and Indians, lawmen and outlaws, as well as courageous frontiersmen, forging ever westward in search of freedom, independence and greener pastures. No other period has influenced American culture and defined its history as greatly as the Western frontier. Its legendary figures – Wyatt Earp, Calamity Jane, Wild Bill Hickock – are now commemorated in film and fiction.
- A wonderful tour visiting no less than seven National Parks, Monuments and State Parks spread across Utah, Colorado, South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana, including two days in magnificent Yellowstone
- Experience the unique landscapes and geology of Yellowstone, the world’s first National Park, with its geysers, hot springs, waterfalls and herds of bison, elk and grizzly bears
- Visit that iconic symbol of the USA – Mount Rushmore, with its colossal heads of four the USA’s greatest Presidents set in the Black Hills of South Dakota
- Drive through classic cowboy country in Wyoming and learn about its famous historical figures such as Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane and Buffalo Bill
- See the site of Custer’s famous ‘Last Stand’ on the Little Bighorn battlefield
- Explore some of the remarkable, but lesser-known sights such as the Devil’s Tower and Mesa Verde
- Gaze in awe at the incredible variety of sandstone arches, spires, balanced rocks and monoliths sculpted by nature in Arches National Park
- Travel on the historic Durango & Silverton steam railway amongst the spectacular scenery of the Colorado Rockies
- Return direct scheduled flights and transfers
- Stay in hand-picked three-star hotels with breakfast
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.