Since the days of Marco Polo, China has fascinated our western minds in the most compelling way. The country’s immense size, almost unimaginable wealth and other-worldly culture have together woven an intoxicating and quite irresistible spell.
Effectively closed to outsiders for most of its history, China has developed its own unique character, language and society. This tour is a remarkable journey of discovery of one of the world’s most ancient cultures, aspects of which are almost beyond our comprehension, blended with a remarkably stunning topography and a staggering pace of modernisation.
- A comprehensive tour of China visiting its greatest cultural legacies, iconic monuments, astounding palaces and astonishing scenery
- Visit the astonishing Great Wall of China, the only man-made monument visible from space
- See the world-famous Terracotta Army and the less-visited underground museum
- Enjoy a tour of the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding
- Marvel at the Temple of Heaven and the imperial gardens at the Summer Palace in Beijing
- See the Longshen Rice Terraces, a man-made wonder
- Enjoy a five-star Yangtze River Cruise through the breathtaking Three Gorges, with full board
- Travel through the world’s largest ship lock of the Three Gorges Dam
- Tour Shanghai and take in the Jade Buddha temple, Yuyuan Gardens and the old British Consulate
- Take a guided tour of Tiananmen Square and the amazing Forbidden City, the world’s largest concentration of preserved ancient wooden buildings
- Travel from Shanghai to Beijing on one of China’s high-speed trains
- Cruise the world-famous Li River and visit the picturesque riverside town of Yangshuo
- Return direct scheduled flights from the UK
- Stay in hand-picked five-star and four-star hotels, with breakfast daily and 14 meals, which includes a Peking duck banquet
- The services of our experienced tour manager throughout
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from London Heathrow – departs various dates until October 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.