The mystical Isle of Skye and the beautiful Western Isles offer a Scottish holiday experience like no other. Spectacular scenery, a leisurely pace of life and a unique culture – a visit to these islands is a never-to-be-forgotten experience. This superb-value, three-centre holiday is a perfect introduction to these beguiling islands.
Hebridean Island Adventure
- A tour of the Isle of Harris
- A tour of the Isle of Skye
- A drive across Berneray, Benbecula and The Uists
- A visit to the Kildonan Museum (entry payable locally)
- Visits to Portree and historic Dunvegan Castle (entrance payable locally)
- Visits to the Standing Stones of Callanish, a Black House, the Broch of Carloway and the Butt of Lewis on the Isle of Lewis (all entrances payable locally)
- Five nights’ dinner, bed and Scottish breakfast accommodation at a series of hotels in Broadford, Isle of Skye (2 nights), Stornoway (2) and Newtonmore (1)
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Edinburgh
- All ferry crossings as detailed
- Comfortable coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Edinburgh
Fly to Edinburgh to meet our Tour Manager. Once on board the coach we head north west from Edinburgh to the Isle of Skye. It’s a long but beautiful journey, which we’ll break in Pitlochry and at famous Eilean Donan Castle on the shores of Loch Duich.
Day Two: Included visit to Dunvegan Castle
After breakfast, today, we’ll head past the Cullin Mountains to Dunvegan Castle – stronghold of the chiefs of MacLeod for nearly 800 years, and said to be the oldest continuously occupied ‘family home’ in Scotland. Discover its fascinating history, and wander the beautiful formal gardens that lie hidden amid the surrounding moorland and mountains.
Day Three: Included drive through Benbecula, North and South Uist and Beneray
Eary this morning we’ll head to Uig to catch the 9.30am ferry to North Uist. After a little less than two hours on the water, you’ll arrive in Lochmaddy and then continue to Benbecula. Soak up the rugged tranquility of the rolling moorland and glittering fresh and seawater lochs before heading to South Uist.
Day Four: Included excursion to the Callanish Stones
Though a single landmass, Lewis and Harris have their own distinct identities and landscapes. Harris is an island split in tw`
On our final morning we’ll head to the Butt of Lewis at the island’s northern tip to take in the vast views of the remote landscape before we say our farewells. In the early afternoon, we’ll begin the two-hour 45-minute crossing to Ullapool before a wonderfully scenic journey through Wester Ross to our final hotel in Newtonmore.
Day Six: Fly back to the UK
Today we head back to Edinburgh airport to catch our flight home at the end of a wonderful tour of Scotland and the Hebrides.