A culture steeped in Norse mythology and a landscape forged by the elements and volcanic forces. Be humbled by the earth’s overwhelming power, delightful puffins and magical whales.
In this modern age there is sometimes a tedious similarity between countries across the globe, with the same old multinationals, predictable restaurant chains and designer shops. Iceland though is such a refreshing change; a wonderfully welcoming place, like nowhere else with friendly yet fiercely independent people, a culture steeped in Norse mythology and a landscape forged and still being moulded by the essential forces of water, ice and fire.
- Tour of Reykjavik, the world’s most northerly capital
- Guided full-day tour visiting Thingvellir National Park and UNESCO World Heritage site where the great Atlantic rift tears Iceland apart along tectonic plates taking in the power of Gullfoss waterfall and the impressive Strokkur geysir.
- Full-day guided tour discovering the contorted lava plateau through the Threngsli pass, see Eyjafjallajökull and Reynisfjara’s volcanic black sandy beach – home of the iconic Puffins
- Choose between a spellbinding cruise with the chance to spot whales and dolphins or taking a dip in the mineral-rich geothermal waters of the Blue Lagoon, heated to a constant 38 degrees Celsius
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Return travel from a selection of airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Four nights in a choice of centrally located, four-star accommodation including all local taxes, with breakfast
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh. Other airports and dates available, please click here to view a full list of departures.