Discover the wonders of Iceland and the Northern Lights.
Fly to the Land of Fire and Ice to explore Reykjavik – one of Europe’s most surprising, welcoming and happening cities. You’ll also have the chance to witness the captivating ‘flames’ of the Aurora Borealis, and to discover the smouldering volcanoes, geysers, glaciers and bubbling thermal pools of the startling Icelandic landscape, on this unforgettable break.
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – Various dates until March 2021 – from £495.20pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – Various dates until March 2021 – from £614.25pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in the UK – London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton & Manchester – click here for more information on dates and prices.
- For information on the similar 5 day package to Iceland, click here.
Iceland and the Northern Lights Tour Highlights
- Enjoy a guided tour of Reykjavik, Europe’s most northerly capital city
- Head out of the city in search of the astonishing Aurora Borealis
- The opportunity to join optional excursions to the famous ‘Blue Lagoon’ and the Golden Circle
- Three nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at your chosen hotel in Reykjavik
- A guided tour of Reykjavik and a Northern Lights tour
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Keflavik
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Iceland
Fly to Iceland’s Keflavik Airport, meet your Tour Manager and transfer into the capital to your chosen hotel. For the rest of the day you’re free to relax and explore.
Day Two: Explore Reykjavik and opt to visit the Blue Lagoon
This morning’s included, guided city tour will introduce Reykjavik and its surroundings. Take in city views from extraordinary landmarks such as the Presidential Residence and the towering Hallgrim’s Church.
In the afternoon, explore Reykjavik under your own steam, or join an optional excursion to the world-famous, mineral-laden Blue Lagoon outdoor spa. No visit to Iceland is complete without a dip in these bubbling geothermal pools, set in the strange lunar-like landscape of a volcanic lava field.
Day Three: Head out on a Northern Lights Tour
Discover Iceland’s natural treasures on today’s hugely popular, optional Golden Circle tour. See the extraordinary Thingvellir lava arena that once hosted the island’s national parliament, and the misty torrents of the Gulfoss waterfall. Visit the original Geysir (now all but extinct) and its more active neighbour, the Strokkur waterspout, before returning to Reykjavik.
This evening, enjoy the highlight of your tour – an included trip out of the city in search of the Northern Lights, the enchanting Aurora Borealis, that flicker across Iceland’s winter skies. Should you be lucky enough to view them, they are an unforgettable sight.
Day Four: Travel home
Transfer back to the airport for the return flight to the UK, at the end of a wonderful few days.
Iceland and the Northern Lights – 4 Days
- Other UK airports also available
- 20th February 2020
- 24th February 2020
- 5th March 2020
- 9th March 2020
- 14th March 2020
- 19th March 2020
- 23rd March 2020
- 3rd November 2020
- 7th November 2020
- 10th November 2020
- 14th November 2020
- 1st December 2020
- 5th December 2020
- 16th February 2021
- 20th February 2021
- 9th March 2021
- 13th March 2021
- 16th March 2021
- 20th March 2021