Discover the wonders of Iceland and the Northern Lights.
Experience Reykjavik, one of Europe’s most surprising, welcoming and happening cities and the capital of the ‘Land of Fire and Ice’, on this unforgettable break. Discover the startling Icelandic landscape – of smouldering volcanoes, geysers, glaciers and bubbling thermal pools – and have the chance to witness the enchanting Aurora Borealis.
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – Various dates until March 2021 – from £825pp
- Fly direct from Glasgow – Various dates until March 2021 – from £663.20pp
- Dates and prices on this page are based on departures flying from Edinburgh & Glasgow only
- Flights also available from airports in the UK – Belfast, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton & Manchester – click here for more information on dates and prices.
- For information on the similar 4 day package to Iceland, click here.
Iceland and Northern Lights Tour Highlights
- Explore Reykjavik on a guided tour
- Head out of the city in search of the remarkable Aurora Borealis
- Optional excursions to the Blue Lagoon, the Golden Circle and Skogafoss waterfall
- Four nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at your chosen hotel in Reykjavik
- A guided tour of Reykjavik
- A Northern Lights tour
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Keflavik
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Keflavik Airport
Fly into Iceland’s Keflavik Airport, where our Tour Manager will meet you and a coach will be waiting to carry you to Reykjavik and your first hotel.
Day Two: Explore Reykjavik and visit the Blue Lagoon
An included, guided city tour introduces fascinating Reykjavik and its surroundings this morning. See landmarks such as the Presidential Residence and the towering Hallgrim’s Church.
This afternoon, an optional excursion offers the chance to take a dip in the mineral-laden waters of the Blue Lagoon. These warm waters have become one of Iceland’s most recognizable attractions, but began life as a by-product of the nearby geothermal power plant where superheated water rising from the ground near a lava flow is used to drive turbines that generate electricity for the region, and heat the local water supply.
Day Three: Head off in search of the Northern Lights
On this morning’s optional Golden Circle tour you’ll see Thingvellir – the green expanse where Iceland’s ancient parliament (the Althing) used to meet. Stop beside the (near-extinct) original Geysir and time the gap between the eruptions from the nearby, and far more frequent, Strokkur waterspout, before rounding off your day with a visit to the vast cascade of the Gulfoss waterfall.
The highlight of the tour comes this evening, when you’ll head out of the city to search for the Aurora Borealis – the enchanting Northern Lights – flickering in the Icelandic night sky. Should you be lucky enough to see it, the phenomenon is a sight to behold.
Day Four: Join a Southern Shore Adventure tour
Explore Reykjavik under your own steam, today, or join our Southern Shore Adventure optional excursion. This journey into wild, rugged Iceland takes us across the lava plateau, down onto the southern coastal lowlands and across the mighty river Olfusa. Discover Eyrarbakki, a coastal village with many old wooden houses, and marvel at Eyjafjallajokull – the volcano that famously closed down European airspace in 2010.
We’ll also visit Skogafoss waterfall, the icy wall of Solheimajokull and Vik i Myrdal – the southernmost village in Iceland. After lunch (payable locally) we stop on the black sandy beach at Reynisfjara – famous for its birdlife.
Afterwards, enjoy a last evening in the Icelandic capital.
Day Five: Fly home
Transfer back to Keflavik Airport to board your flight home.
Iceland and the Northern Lights – 5 Days
- Other UK airports also available
- 20th February 2020
- 24th February 2020
- 5th March 2020
- 9th March 2020
- 14th March 2020
- 19th March 2020
- 23rd March 2020
- 3rd November 2020
- 7th November 2020
- 10th November 2020
- 14th November 2020
- 1st December 2020
- 5th December 2020
- 16th February 2021
- 20th February 2021
- 9th March 2021
- 13th March 2021
- 16th March 2021
- 20th March 2021