For fascinating history, diverse and exciting cities, superb architecture, an extraordinary landscape and a rich culinary heritage, look no further than this splendid tour of Morocco.
The very name Morocco conjures up an enduring fascination – geographically close to Europe but culturally, a world apart. Despite the many years of French and Spanish colonial rule, a sense of the past is always present. In Morocco, you are quite literally walking on history. As a backdrop, the country’s vast geography is also remarkable: from the Mediterranean coastline, through mountain ranges to the empty wilderness of the Sahara Desert. Roman ruins, Berber kasbahs, superb Islamic architecture and the foothills of the Atlas Mountains are all bathed in a unique shimmering light. You can choose to lose yourself in the narrow winding streets of the old medinas or join the locals amidst the clatter of a busy souk.
The imperial cities are not just defined by their history, but also by the rich and contrasting colours of their architecture. Ochre and pink for Marrakesh, the dazzling blue of Rabat, and distinctive but differing shades of yellow for Fez and Meknes.
- Return flights and transfers
- 7 nights in 3-star superior to 4-star accommodation
- Daily breakfast & 7 dinners (of which 2 are taken at local restaurants)
- Explore Marrakesh and discover the medieval medina
- See the atmospheric souks and the iconic Jemaa el-Fnaa square
- Visit the enchanting Jardin Majorelle, once the home of Yves St Laurent
- Experience the colonial charm of Casablanca
- Visit the vast and impressive Hassan II Mosque
- Visit the elegant Moroccan capital city of Rabat
- Take a guided walking tour through the ancient medina
- Take a tour of Fez
- See the intricately decorated Al-Attarine Madrasa and the iconic tanneries
- Soak up thousands of years of history at the Roman site of Volubilis
- Discover the extraordinary architectural treasures of Meknes
- Services of a tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying from London Stansted. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.
Imperial Cities of Morocco
- London Stansted
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Luton
- Other UK airports also available
- 9th September 2020
- 17th September 2020
- 5th October 2020
- 6th November 2020
- 19th November 2020