This Ireland’s Beautiful South West tour combines an ever-changing panorama of landscapes and seascapes with some fascinating visits in a breathtakingly beautiful corner of the idyllic Emerald Isle.
Step back in time as you take a horse-drawn jaunting-car ride and a boat trip through to the spectacular lakeland scenery of the Killarney National Park. Enjoy tours of the Dingle Peninsula, once described as “the most beautiful place on earth” by the National Geographic Society, of the glorious Ring of Kerry, and around the lakes-and-mountains paradise of the Iveragh Peninsula. Discover the spectacular medieval castle of Bunratty, and visit Adare – one of Ireland’s loveliest villages.
Ireland’s Beautiful South West Available Departures
- Fly from Glasgow – various dates until October 2021 – from £779pp
- Dates and prices on this page is for the Glasgow departure only
- Flights also available from other UK airports, including: Birmingham, Bristol, London Gatwick, London Heathrow, London Luton, London Stansted & Manchester – click here for dates and prices.
Ireland’s Beautiful South West Tour Highlights
- A tour of the beautiful Dingle Peninsula
- A coach tour around the Ring of Kerry’s stunning mountains and seascapes
- A horse-drawn jaunting-car trip through Killarney National Park and a cruise on Loch Leane
- A visit to historic Bunratty Castle and Folk Park, where Irish life a century ago is recreated
- A visit to Adare, one of Ireland’s loveliest villages
- The chance to enjoy a show at the Siamsa Tire National Folk Theatre (departures between mid May and mid-September only)
- Five nights’ dinner, bed and Irish breakfast accommodation at the four-star Meadowlands Hotel, Tralee
- Entry to the Blasket Island Heritage Centre and Bunratty Castle
- A horse-drawn jaunting car and Loch Leane cruise experience
- Full-day excursions to the Ring of Kerry and Dingle Peninsula
- Return flights to Cork
- Comfortable coach travel and transfers throughout
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced tour manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Ireland
Fly to Cork, where you will meet your Tour Manager and enjoy the scenic transfer to Tralee. After checking in at your hotel, and depending on the time of your flight, the rest of the day is yours to unpack and to explore the town.
Day Two: Included Dingle Peninsula tour
Today’s tour of the rugged Dingle Peninsula will reveal its outstanding mountain and coastal scenery, inspiration for such films as ‘Ryan’s Daughter’ and ‘Far and Away’.
At Slea Head, Europe’s most westerly point, we’ll visit the Blasket Island Heritage Centre for a fascinating insight into the unique community that inhabited the islands until their evacuation in 1953.
Day Three: Included Killarney National Park tour
Life slows right down this morning as we head to Killarney National Park. Here you ‘ll enjoy an hour-long ride in a horse-drawn jaunting car (Ireland’s most traditional mode of transport, and the only kind allowed in this area), during which your driver will spin tales of local legends and Irish history.
We’ll then board the Pride of the Lakes for a cruise on beautiful Lough Leane. There really is no better way to enjoy the Park’s hidden delights and the famous Killarney Lakes. After time to have lunch and explore the town of Killarney itself we’ll return to our hotel.
This evening, on departures between 12th May and 15th September, you’ll also have the chance to join our optional excursion to the Siamsa Tire National Folk Theatre in Tralee. The shows and storylines presented here vary, but always reflect Ireland’s rich traditions of music, dance and folklore.
Day Four: Included Rock of Cashel visit
The spectacular medieval buildings of the Rock of Cashel rise majestically from the lush pastures of the Tipperary countryside. Together they make up one of Ireland’s most important religious and archaeological sites. The sturdy walls around the complex protect a Romansque chapel that houses some of Ireland’s oldest frescoes, a 12th-century round tower, a 13th-century Gothic cathedral and a 15th-century castle. A short audio-visual show sets the scene before an included guided tour reveals the secrets of this fascinating place.
A visit to Adare, one of Ireland’s loveliest villages, completes your day. Dating back to AD 1200, the village is steeped in history. It is home to arts and crafts shops and a wealth of architectural styles, including thatched cottages, beautiful stone buildings and medieval monasteries.
Day Five: Included Ring of Kerry coach tour
Today’s final tour traces the spectacular Ring of Kerry around the Iveragh Peninsula. Visit the towns that dot the route, and witness its wonderful natural beauty. Highlights include the magnificent Coomakista Pass, and the views of the Macgillycuddy’s Reeks and the glaciated Black Valley from Molls Gap.
Day Six: Fly back to the UK
Bid farewell to Tralee as we return to the airport to check in for your flight home.
Ireland’s Beautiful South West
- London Gatwick
- London Heathrow
- London Stansted
- 13th September 2020
- 11th October 2020
- 18th April 2021
- 25th April 2021
- 9th May 2021
- 6th June 2021
- 13th June 2021
- 20th June 2021
- 27th June 2021
- 5th September 2021
- 26th September 2021
- 3rd October 2021
- 10th October 2021