Japan – an ancient culture of emperors, fierce shoguns, samurais and brutal martial arts. Yet it’s also a place of gentle geishas, colourful kimonos, exquisite garden design and Zen Buddhism.
How did a country so deeply rooted in such diverse heritage become one of the most modern and advanced economies on the planet? Pondering such questions is what makes a trip to Japan so incredibly rewarding. Having travelled there once, you’ll feel almost hypnotically drawn back to this truly enigmatic country.
Our tour covers three of Japan’s capitals, both past and present. You’ll ride on a high speed bullet train past iconic Mt. Fuji, one of the most instantly recognisable places on the planet. You’ll have the option to stay at a typical Japanese inn, bathe in a hot spring, and see the spot where the first atom bomb was detonated. With longer stays in both Tokyo and Kyoto, you’ll have a unique opportunity to get right under the skin of this extraordinary country.
So place preconceptions aside and visit Japan on the tour of a lifetime. Prepare for wonderful service, the world’s politest people and a true assault on the senses. Immerse yourself in this extraordinary culture of contrasts, where the neon lights and gadgetry of huge futuristic cities live side by side with thousand-year old ceremonies, shrines and hot spas.
- Return direct scheduled flights with premium economy upgrades available at a supplement
- Stay in hand-picked four-star accommodation, including all local taxes, with breakfast and three meals
- See the famous sights of Tokyo including the Meiji shrine, Omotesando Street, fashion-setting Harajuku and the Akihabara electronic town
- Enjoy astonishing views of Mount Fuji from Lake Kawaguchi and the hot-spring, mountain spa resort of Hakone
- Travel at 189 mph on the incomparable high-speed bullet trains
- Reflect on the horrors of war at Hiroshima’s Peace Park and museum
- Explore Kyoto on a guided tour, experiencing the former imperial capital and the essence of traditional Japan
- Discover the ‘Way of Tea’ with a Japanese tea ceremony
- Discover Nara, Japan’s first capital with its huge bronze Buddha, on a guided tour
- The services of our experienced tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Japan – Land of the Rising Sun
- London Heathrow
- Other UK airports also available
- 9th March 2021
- 17th March 2021
- 24th March 2021
- 31st March 2021
- 1st April 2021
- 7th April 2021
- 14th April 2021
- 15th April 2021
- 12th May 2021
- 26th May 2021
- 2nd June 2021
- 1st September 2021
- 16th September 2021
- 29th September 2021
- 6th October 2021
- 20th October 2021
- 3rd November 2021