Let’s explore Italy’s lesser known lakes on this 7-night holiday that offers the perfect combination of activity, exploration and recreation. We’ll take in the crystal blue waters of Lake Maggiore and Orta with panoramic boat rides, stopping to explore some of the lakeside towns and the famous summer palace on Isola Bella, one of the Borromean Islands. We will also visit Lake Orta, considered a hidden gem by locals who refer to it as “La Cenerentola” or Cinderella, because it’s even more beautiful than its sisters Como and Maggiore. We’ll take a scenic train journey, between Locarno and Domodossola which runs through the magical “Hundred Valleys”. This holiday also offers plenty of free time to stroll around the Lake Maggiore, relax with a gelato or explore the surrounding area with tips from your expert guide.
- Discover some of Italy’s most enchanting lakes on this guided holiday to Lake Maggiore & Orta.
- Stay 7-nights in one of the region’s quaint lakeside towns.
- Relax on a scenic boat tour of the Borromean Islands with a stop to explore Isola Bella.
- Explore Lake Orta by boat on a guided day trip.
- Take a scenic ride on the Centovalli Railway & visit the Swiss town of Locarno.
- Unwind with plenty of free time to soak up the sun or immerse yourself in Italian culture.
Staying at a 3-star hotel on half board basis