Join us in the ancient royal capital of Poland, for Krakow Christmas Markets – which are steeped in tradition and held against the spectacular backdrop, in one of the few European cities to have survived the centuries unscathed. Discover the city’s great history, enjoy Krakow by night, and soak up the festive atmosphere on this unmissable seasonal break.
Krakow Christmas Markets Avilable Departures
- Flu direct from Edinburgh – 29 November & 13 December – from £632pp
- All dates and prices on this page is for the departure from Edinburgh only
- Departures are also available from airports in other UK airports – Belfast International, Birmingham, Bournemouth, Bristol, Leeds Bradford, London Gatwick, London Luton, London Stansted, Manchester & Newcastle – click here for more information on dates & prices.
Krakow Christmas Markets Tour Highlights:
- A guided walking tour of Krakow
- Free time to browse Krakow’s Christmas markets
- The chance to join an optional trip to the salt caves at Wieliczcka
- Three nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation at your chosen hotel
- Return flights to Poland
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- One piece of hold luggage per couple
- The services of a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One – Fly to Krakow
Arrive in Krakow and transfer to your hotel. Head out into the city this evening to explore your surroundings and wander through the central square, beautifully illuminated after nightfall. Sample some traditional cuisine and enjoy a drink in one of the many restaurants, bars and music clubs tucked away down its cellars and narrow alleyways.
Day Two – Included walking tour of Krakow
Discover this seat of Polish kings on today’s walking tour. The mesmerising medieval heart of the city is the stunning Rynek Glowny – Europe’s largest square – lined with boutiques and cafes. Browse the wooden stalls of the Christmas market that surrounds the vast Sukkennice (Cloth Hall), itself a covered market, and see the traditional custom of Christmas crib-building at the Mariacki Church and Wawel Castle – two stunning examples of the city’s Gothic architecture.
This afternoon, enjoy more of Krakow, or join our optional tour to see the vast underground chambers, full-sized chapel and stupendous concert hall of Wieliczka’s astonishing salt mine.
Day Three – Optional excursion to Auschwitz-Birkenau
Today you’re free to discover more of the city’s sights, and to revisit the markets. Alternatively, join our optional half-day excursion to UNESCO-listed Auschwitz-Birkenau, where the buildings of the camp are left as they were discovered in 1944.
Day Four – Fly back to the UK
Transfer back to Krakow Airport for your return flight home.