Krakow is without doubt one of the most beautiful cities, ranking with Prague and Vienna as one of the real architectural gems of central Europe and its historic centre is a UNESCO world heritage site.
The city first came to prominence nearly 1,000 years ago when it became the royal capital of Poland. It remained so for 500 years, spanning both the Middle Ages and Renaissance period.
The castle evolved to become the sumptuous Royal Palace and was the centre of ancient trade routes to the orient and Baltic. This, together with salt (that vital commodity, which it possessed in abundance) ensured its immense prosperity, and the result is the amazing collection of palaces, aristocratic buildings and works of art that you see today.
- Return flights and transfers included
- Three nights at an excellent quality, centrally located four-star hotel, with breakfast
- Guided walking tour of the medieval city and Poland’s former capital
- Visit to Wawel, the castle district, one of Europe’s most striking royal residences
- Visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau (included but optional)
- Optional tour of the cathedral-like salt mines
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply – click here for solo departure.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.