On this wonderfully varied tour we explore Lake Como, one of the most beautiful lakes in the world, plus some stunning icons of northern Italy and Switzerland.
Described by Wordsworth as ‘a treasure the earth keeps to itself’, visitors have been attracted to the lake for centuries in search of relaxation, culture and inspiration. The scenery is just awesome with the mirror-like, deep blue waters reflecting the surrounding hills and snow-capped peaks dotted with tall, typically Italian, ochre and magenta coloured buildings and opulent villas lining the lakeside itself.
For a contrast we visit nearby Lake Maggiore too, almost Mediterranean in character and lined by verbena, palm and orange trees, and a string of 19th century picturesque towns creating a true ‘belle époque’ atmosphere.
Then just to the north is of course Switzerland with the most dramatic alpine scenery on the planet, and at its heart, chic St Moritz. We explore this too, also taking a trip on the nearby iconic Bernina Express, one of the world’s most scenic rail journeys through the gorgeous Poschiavo Valley.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Seven nights in a choice of conveniently located four star accommodation including all local taxes, with breakfast and dinner
- Full day visit to St Moritz including a journey on the Bernina Express, one of the world’s most spectacular alpine railway journeys
- Full day visit to Lake Maggiore plus a visit to and guided tour of Bergamo, northern Italy’s most enchanting medieval town
- Lake cruise to stunning Bellagio with a private visit to the enchanting Villa del Balbianello and its inspirational gardens
- Visit to the Swiss lakeside town of Lugano
- Escorted by our experienced tour manager
- Stays at Grand Hotel Menaggio will be on a bed & breakfast basis with the choice to pre-book a hotel dining package
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.