Rest and relax on the elegant shores of Lake Como – Italy’s most picturesque body of water. Discover one of Europe’s most idyllic, charming and stylish corners, as you soak up the atmosphere of the most picturesque of the Italian lakes, in its mountain-backed setting to the north of Milan. Combine leisurely days in your chosen hotel with exploration of the lake’s towns and villages, elegant villas and glorious gardens, and perhaps venture further afield on escorted excursions.
New 2019 Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs 12th June 2019 – from £1,069pp
- Fly direct from Inverness – departs 4th September 2019 – from £1,129pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates, May – October 2019 – from £775pp
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Bournemouth, Humberside, Gatwick, Luton, Manchester, Durham Tees Valley, Newquay, Norwich, Southend & Stansted – click here for more information on dates & prices.
- Relax and enjoy the amenities at your chosen hotel
- Enjoy peaceful lake-shore strolls
- Lunch in a shore-side cafe or restaurant
- Visit famous Villa Carlotta’s stunning gardens
- Take a lake steamer or ferry to beautiful Bellagio
- Visit cycling mecca Ghisallo del Madonna
- Marvel at the delightful and unspoiled Varenna
- Explore elegant Como Town
- Catch the funicular to Brunate
- Spot George Clooney – or at least his former home!
- Join optional excursions to Milan, Lugano or walled Bergamo
- Take an optional trip to Switzerland’s St Moritz on the Bernina Express (must be booked prior to departure)
- Seven nights’ half-board or all-inclusive accommodation in one of our carefully chosen Lake Como hotels
- Return flights from your chosen UK airport to Italy
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced resort-based Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
To view more holidays in Europe, please click here.
Lake Como Resort Itinerary
Your Holiday Base: Lake Como Hotels
Situated on the western shore of this magnificent lake, looking out towards idyllic Bellagio, Cadenabbia, Tremezzo and Mezzegra -Tremezzina combine to form one delightful lakeside resort. Friendly cafes, colourful bars and some fine restaurants dot lake front promenades and stunning streets beyond. On the water, as well as pleasure craft of all shapes and sizes, steamers ply their trade to farther flung corners of the lake. Open-air lidos, shore-side sun terraces, and some of Italy’s finest gardens, including those of celebrated Villa Carlotta, vie for your time during the day. When evening comes, an air of elegant tranquillity, except in nearby Mennagio’s lively Piazza Garibaldi, complements the perfect days.
When you’re not enjoying the comforts and amenities of your chosen hotel or heading out on an optional organised excursion, Como’s shores offer a host of diversions. The energetic might stroll along the promenade or hike into the hills, rent bikes or perhaps even swim in the lake itself.
Rest and relax
Como’s rural surroundings are tailor-made for lazy days spent over morning coffee, a leisurely lunch, or an afternoon in the sun, ice cream in hand. Whether you choose to go no further than your hotel and its immediate surroundings, or to step aboard a lake steamer and head somewhere else for the day, there’s always the chance to simply sit and take in the beauty of this very special corner of the world.
Discovery and exploration
From idyllic Bellagio to tree-shaded Varenna, and from livelier Lecco to the lake’s main settlement Como Town and its historic funicular to mountain village Brunate, there’s certainly no shortage of places to visit during your stay.
Lake Como Resort Stay
- 1st May 2019
- 8th May 2019
- 15th May 2019
- 22nd May 2019
- 29th May 2019
- 5th June 2019
- 12th June 2019
- 19th June 2019
- 26th June 2019
- 3rd July 2019
- 10th July 2019
- 28th August 2019
- 4th September 2019
- 11th September 2019
- 18th September 2019
- 25th September 2019
- 2nd October 2019
- 9th October 2019
- 16th October 2019