Just as our desire to explore and experience new lands is timeless, so too is the beauty of the Italian Lakes, unfailingly delighting visitors for centuries. Indeed it was the influx of the pioneering British during the days of the Grand Tour, who first brought fame to the majestic Lake Maggiore and helped to create the sophisticated lakeside villages, nestling like pearls on a string, along its picturesque, verbena-clad shores. This wonderful combination of truly awesome Swiss mountain scenery and the tranquillity of the crystal clear Italian Lakes in a montage of splendour, cries out to be explored.
- Return travel from a selection of regional airports and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Cruise to the enchanting islands visiting Isola Pescatori and Isola Bella, with a guided tour of its 17th century baroque villa with entrance fees included
- Full day tour travelling through the Simplon Pass to Zermatt in the Swiss Alps seeing the Matterhorn, probably the world’s most instantly recognisable peak
- Full day tour to shimmering Lake Como, described by Wordsworth as ‘a treasure the world keeps to itself’
- Full day tour visiting Cannobio and Locarno with a journey on the famous Centovalli railway
- Visit to one of Italy’s most romantic lakes, charming Lake Orta and the delightful 14th century medieval village Orta San Giulio
- Option to join a complimentary guided walk
- Escorted by an experienced tour manager
- Seven nights in a choice of conveniently located four-star accommodation including all local taxes, with breakfast and dinner
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates until September 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.