Offshore islets, stunning gardens and delightful shore-side towns – this is our Lake Maggiore Resort holiday.
Join us for a memorable holiday in one of Europe’s most romantic regions, where languid blue waters lap a verdant shoreline fringed by gentle rolling hills. Dotted with some truly elegant and serene resorts, the area lends itself perfectly to rest and relaxation, coupled with gentle exploration.
New 2019 Departures:
- Fly direct from Aberdeen – departs 12th June 2019 – from £989pp
- Fly direct from Inverness – departs 4th September 2019 – from £1,029pp
- Fly direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates, May – October 2019 – from £719p
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Bournemouth, Humberside, Gatwick, Luton, Manchester, Durham Tees Valley, Newquay, Norwich, Southend & Stansted – click here for more information on dates & prices.
- Relax and enjoy the amenities at your chosen hotel
- Stroll along the picturesque lake-shore
- Lunch in a shore-side cafe or restaurant
- Enjoy a delicious ice cream in the sun
- Visit the stunning gardens of the Borromean Isles and the Villa Taranto
- Take the cable car to Monte Mottarone
- Cruise to a far flung lake resort
- Window shop in Stresa’s elegant streets
- Join optional excursions to Turin, Barolo and Switzerland’s Zermatt, beneath the Matterhorn
- Seven nights’ bed and breakfast or half-board accommodation in one of our carefully chosen Lake Maggiore hotels
- Return flights from your chosen UK airport to Italy
- Return airport-to-hotel transfers
- The services of a friendly, experienced resort-based Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Lake Maggiore Resort Itinerary
Your holiday is based on Maggiore’s western shore, in elegant Stresa. The resort holds an almost sub-tropical atmosphere, with rich exotic vegetation, citrus trees ,startling blossoms of verbena and beautiful oleander in formal and informal gardens. The delicate, intoxicating scent of orange blossom is a treat for early-year visitors – and Mediterranean palms add to the charm.
Off-shore, the idyllic Isole Borromeo, or Borromean Islands, bask in the sun, sharing their various charms with the day-trippers who cross the blue waters on the ferries from their resorts, while the gentle contours of the hinterland hint at the towering Alps beyond.
During your stay, there is so much to see and do, if you can tear yourself away from the restful atmosphere of your chosen hotel. The lakeside promenade is perfect for a stroll, as are the narrow streets of the resorts and of course, the delightful gardens of the island’s and other lakeside villas. The energetic might rent bikes, play tennis or golf, hike into the hills and take the cable car to Monte Mottarone for some spectacular views, or perhaps even swim in the lake itself.
Rest and relax
Whether it’s the joys of a sun-lounger by the pool or in a secluded spot, taking to the water on a cruise to one of the lake’s remoter corners, or long leisurely lunches –– the accent of a holiday on beautiful Maggiore’s shores is always restful and relaxed, however you choose to spend your days. Evenings are equally pleasant in Stresa, with the sound of music wafting through the air, and the narrow streets, shops and bars alive with the chatter of the nightly passeggiata.
Discovery and exploration
Garden lovers are in heaven here, with the stunning displays on Isola Bella, Isola Madre and in Verbania’s famous Villa Taranto amongst world-class horticultural gems. Further afield, elegant Turin, the vineyards of Barolo, as well as beautiful Swiss resort Zermatt, beneath the Matterhorn’s towering pyramid, can all be visited on optional excursions.
Lake Maggiore Resort Stay
- 1st May 2019
- 8th May 2019
- 15th May 2019
- 22nd May 2019
- 29th May 2019
- 5th June 2019
- 12th June 2019
- 19th June 2019
- 26th June 2019
- 3rd July 2019
- 10th July 2019
- 28th August 2019
- 4th September 2019
- 11th September 2019
- 18th September 2019
- 25th September 2019
- 2nd October 2019
- 9th October 2019