You’ll discover the real Portugal on this tour, taking in Lisbon, Porto & the Douro Valley.
A rich and varied country with a proud history that’s admirably reflected in the many fascinating places we’ll visit. Portugal today is a country of great contrasts; it’s modern in many ways, yet still has one foot very firmly set in its traditional past. Full of history and appeal, and spared from large-scale industrialisation or re-development, its remarkably well preserved medieval towns with their tiny cobbled streets are truly delightful.
Set on the very edge of Europe, its scenery is just as stunning and dramatic. You’ll experience it in full – from its coastal forests, wild seascapes, fertile fields and dramatic valleys to sweeping biscuit-coloured hillsides covered with olive trees, fragrant pine forests and lush meadows.
- Return travel from the UK and transfers to and from your hotel included
- Guided tour of Lisbon with its magnificent squares, Baixa and Moorish quarters, including a visit to the astounding Monastery of Jeronimos
- Visit to Sintra and its Royal Palace including entrance fees – summer residence of the Portuguese monarchy
- Guided tour of Oporto, centre of the port wine trade, including a visit and tasting at Taylor’s wine lodge
- Full day touring the Douro, one of Europe’s most dramatically beautiful river valleys
- See the holy shrine of Fatima and visit Coimbra University, one of Europe’s oldest seats of learning with its astonishing gilded Baroque library, with entrance fees included
- Visit the 13th century walled city of Obidos, with its cobbled streets and lofty medieval fortifications
- Seven nights in four and five-star accommodation including all local taxes, with breakfast and three dinners
- Services of an experienced tour manager
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departing various dates until October 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.