Explore Medieval Germany in its purest form, cruise the gentle meanders of the Main and mighty Danube discovering the aptly named Romantic Road, the twisting streets of medieval Bamberg, enchanting Rothenburg and fascinating Nuremberg.
Following embarkation in Mainz we enjoy a leisurely start with time to explore this pretty town, with its stunning Romanesque cathedral and timber-clad buildings, at the very scenic heart of the country’s famous winelands.
Our cruise along the Main with its characteristic meandering bends takes us firstly to idyllic Miltenberg, a fantastically well-preserved medieval village set against a spectacular backdrop of lush green forests and rolling hillsides.
- Receive up to €200 to spend on-board, on selected dates
- Seven guided tours, including Bamberg, Würzburg, Nuremberg, Rothenburg and Mainz
- Seven nights on board in your choice of luxury cabin or suite, with river views
- All meals on board from dinner on your day of arrival through to breakfast on your day of departure, including a welcome dinner and the Captain’s Dinner
- Live classical quartet recital on board
- Complimentary on-board tea and coffee
- Complimentary on-board Wi-Fi (connection speeds may vary)
- Return scheduled flights from 6 regional airports (a supplement may apply)
- Five-star service from an English-speaking crew and knowledgeable local guides
- Services of a Riviera Travel cruise director and concierge
- All port charges, airport taxes and overseas transfers
- No surcharges guaranteed
- ABTA, ATOL and IATA protection
Subject to availability. Single supplements apply.
For more information or to book, please call 01283 742300 or click here.
Please note, price based on flying direct from Edinburgh – departs various dates in August 2020. Other airports and dates available, click here to view more.