Discover two of the world’s most intriguing and exciting cities. Moscow, the beating heart of Mother Russia, radiates Slavic might and majesty, while St Petersburg – with its great squares, opulent palaces, parks and canals – deserves its place on the roll call of greatest European cities. Don’t miss this great-value opportunity to see them both in one unforgettable week.
Moscow & St Petersburg Departures:
- Fly from Aberdeen (via Amsterdam) – departs various dates until December 2021 – from £1,039pp
- Fly from Edinburgh (via Amsterdam) – departs various dates until April 2021 – from £1,029pp
- Fly from Glasgow (via Amsterdam) – departs various dates until April 2021 – from £1,029pp
- Fly from Inverness (via Amsterdam) – departs various dates until April 2021 – from £1,039pp
- Flights also available from airports in England – Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Dublin, Durham Tees Valley, Humberside, Leeds Bradford, London Heathrow, Manchester, Newcastle & Norwich – click here for more information on dates & prices.
- Spend three nights in the heart of Moscow
- Enjoy a fascinating guided tour of the Russian capital
- Take in the Kremlin, onion-domed St Basil’s and the famous Bolshoi Theatre
- Spend three nights in St Petersburg
- Enjoy a fascinating introductory tour of the exquisite ‘Venice of the North’
- Visit the world-renowned Hermitage Museum
- Six nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation in good-quality hotels in Moscow (3 nights) and St Petersburg (3)
- Tours of Moscow and St Petersburg
- Daytime train journey from Moscow to St Petersburg
- Return flights from your chosen airport to Moscow, returning from St Petersburg
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel and transfers
- Fully escorted by a friendly, experienced Tour Manager
Single supplements apply. Subject to availability.
Day One: Fly to Moscow
Fly to Moscow and transfer to your hotel, your base for the next three nights.
Day Two: Explore Moscow
This morning our included, three-hour coach tour will introduce Moscow’s historic and geographic heart, where the Kremlin stands beside Red Square, onion-domed St Basil’s Cathedral, Lenin’s eerie Mausoleum and the GUM, the former State Department Store, now a thriving, glittering Muscovite shopping mall.
This afternoon, an optional guided walking tour will reveal secrets of the Kremlin, like the Senate House, the Presidium, the State Kremlin Palace concert hall and the cathedrals of the Assumption, the Annunciation and the Archangel – the last containing the Tombs of the Tsars. Round off a wonderful day by enjoying dinner in the city.
Day Three: Join a Highlights of Moscow tour
Enjoy a free day, or take an optional, full-day Highlights of Moscow tour, visiting Victory Park and its Museum of the Great Patriotic War, one of Moscow’s landmark Metro stations, and the Kremlin’s Armoury Palace, where the treasures of Russia’s medieval rulers are displayed. Enjoy free time for shopping before a final evening in Moscow.
Day Four: Take the train to St Petersburg
Check out of the hotel after breakfast and transfer to Leningrad Station. Bid “do svidanya” to your Moscow Tour Manager and board the train to St Petersburg, where you’ll meet your St Petersburg Tour Manager and transfer to your hotel for the next three nights.
Day Five: Explore St Petersburg
After breakfast, enjoy an introductory tour of St Petersburg, the ‘Venice of the North’, which was founded in 1703 by Peter the Great, and despite the subsequent ravages of war and revolution, siege and Soviet rule, remains as glorious as ever.
See the towering Alexander Column and the Winter Palace on Palace Square, the Admiralty with its soaring spire, and great St Isaac’s Cathedral. Other highlights might include the Mariinsky Palace and adjacent theatre, home to the legendary Kirov ballet, and the cruiser Aurora, which fired the first (blank) shot in the Bolshevik Revolution.
This afternoon, step inside the gilded portals of the famous Hermitage museum, to enjoy a guided tour of some of its phenomenal collection.
Day Six: Visit the Palace at Pushkin and see a folklore show
Enjoy a free day, or take the optional excursion to the palace at Pushkin (entry fee included) and stunning gardens at Peterhof, each location remarkably and lovingly reconstructed since WWII, and reflecting the extraordinary grandeur of Imperial Court life.
This evening, take in the optional folklore show of traditional Cossack dancing and folk songs at the historic Nikolaevskiy Palace.
Day Seven: See Peter and Paul Fortress and fly home
After checking out this morning, enjoy a last few hours in the city, or join the final optional excursion to the Peter and Paul Fortress and the Yusupov Palace, arguably the city’s finest Imperial residence, and site of the murder of the ‘mad monk’ Rasputin.
This afternoon, the coach will take you to the airport to check in for your flight home.
Moscow & St Petersburg
- Other UK airports also available
- 4th September 2020
- 18th September 2020
- 2nd October 2020
- 13th November 2020
- 4th December 2020
- 19th February 2021
- 12th March 2021
- 16th April 2021
- 30th April 2021
- 7th May 2021
- 11th June 2021
- 2nd July 2021
- 3rd September 2021
- 17th September 2021
- 1st October 2021
- 15th October 2021
- 12th November 2021
- 3rd December 2021